Subject Author Posted Replies

Toro Lawn Mower hard to start
My Toro Personal Pace mower is 9 years old and has always started on the first or second pull of the starter cord. Not so this year. I sent it out for maintenance, and when I got it back after being...
10
10

Fiberglass Repair of Old Iron Soilpipe
Hi- I have just finished coating an old iron soil pipe with fiberglass cloth. The pipe was badly blistered and I felt it would start to leak in several places soon. A problem has occurred because in...
17
17

Fixture bad -- or "wiring?" How to tell?
So, a couple of years ago, I did a major home remodel. Electrician was OK, but he loved to "screw with things," that did not seem to need "screwing with." And, he got a bit testy when I said I would...
7
7

Cut rubber flap?
I got a replacement flap for a dog door that is made from recycled tire rubber. Damned thing is out-of-spec, a little too long for the dog door, bottom drags over aluminum frame, makes it very hard...
24
24

OT: Wall Street goniffs - where are they now?
At this link: will find a list of the big crooks in the Wall Street/too-big-to- fail Bank disaster that wrecked our economy. Did any of the perps get punished? Hah, hah, and yet again, hah! HB
30
30

Tell-A-Phone
What should I Tell it?
3
3

Fun With Rookies
Sent a new hire to get the pipe stretcher. After 20 minutes he asked "what does it look like".
19
19

Murray Lawnmower Question
Can anyone tell me if all lawnmowers have an air filter? I would think so, but I can't find one on my machine. My instruction book does not mention air filters, at all. Thanks. Kate
8
8

Meridia/Reductil - Best Way to Lose Weight Fast and Safe
Reductil (Meridia) is a popular appetite suppressing drug, very effective in weight loss process. In comparison with other oral drugs acting in the stomach and intestines, Reductil acts in the brain....

Ethanol ate my lawnmower
and small-business owner Rich Herder doesn't mince words about the damage ethanol in gasoline is doing to the small engines in outdoor power equipment. "It's the biggest disaster to hit gasoline in my...
14
14

OT How much IRA to take out?
Anyone know of a rough way to figure out what is the right amount of money to take out of retirement without paying too much tax that year? My income will be the same this year is it was the last, but...
14
14

Is it the Expansion Tank?
I have a closed hydronic loop with no obvious leaks in a boiler heating system. The expansion tank is quite old. Lately I noticed the pressure dropping even when the circulator is not circulating....
4
4

tree pruner worked for me
Good price. I've got an old one with a wooden handle but bought a new one at Lowes that will extend up to maybe 15 feet. They had another, that was even longer.
3
3

Should I repair small paint peel in apartment?
While preparing to move out of an apartment, I accidentally peel off some paint on the inside window ledge while removing a piece of tape. The area is about 3 inches x 1/3 inch. The color is greyish...
4
4

What happens if you ever lose a "chipped" key for your car?
If misplacing things is a problem, going without that car for a while until the key can be replaced would be an issue, and your travel patterns would make your retrieval problematic, getting a spare...
66
66