Subject Author Posted Replies

WEll & Pump System: Where to put the Filter?
I want to add a sediment filter to my system. Bought one at Lowes. Now, question is, do I install it BEFORE or AFTER the pressure tank?
5
5

Building drainage issues
My building's area has seen particularly heavy rains last 2 days, and some water ingressed the building drom the side (not through the roof). The reason is that water level outside was too high. There...
19
19

OT Wells Fargo sucks again.
I had message on my answering machine.............This is Wells Fargo calling about some suspicious activity on your card. Please call us at 800-446-0664. I went online and checked my card and there...
10
10

Vinyl tile source?
I want to cover a portion of my shop (woodworking section) in vinyl tile. = I have tried epoxy coatings and other materials in other parts, but for thi= s application I want vinyl tiles. Went to HD...
7
7

Suggestions for sanding 6" square parquet flooring
Hello All, I want to refinish a room with 6" square solid parquet wood tiles. Not sure if a drum or orbital would be best to use. The grain on each tile is turned 90 degrees. The floor is in pretty...
3
3

TIP: 2.2 million without power, in the northeast
We had four MILLION people without power when Hurricane Yikes hit three years ago, some as long as two weeks. The ghastly thing was that gas stations were ALSO without power, so there was no way to...
12
12

Advice for 12x16 concrete porch slab and stain
I am finally adding a screened porch to the rancher here in Maryland, and it may become a 3 season room someday. The porch will be 30" above grade, so I'll have footers, 8" block, and fill. I'm having...
28
28

Math issues - Amount of water in a 1½ inch pipe
I'm no good at math. I'm trying to determine the amount of water in a 1½" (one and one half inch) galvanized steel pipe, per foot. My reason for this is because I'm trying to calculate the water...
61
61

Flat roof repair options
I have a flat roof on a rowhome/townhome-style building that I want to do a repair/fix on. I am looking for some suggestions or options for how to do it, what materials to use, etc. Basically, the...
42
42

OT Paying by credit card over the phone
My niece needs some auto parts. I called Advanced Auto Parts. They need the money before they can order the parts from the factory (Ford). Cool........I have a 15k limit on my card. Ready for my card...
54
54

Are all roofers ripoffs?
I have an rowhouse in the middle of 12 attached homes. I noticed that the A_One Roofing company was working on a house a few doors down and asked them to take a look at mine. Since I've had water...
18
18

clapboard butt spacing?
I am looking at LP 'Smartside' lap siding. The installation instructions say to leave a 3/16" gap at butt joints. I assume this is for expansion? You're supposed to caulk it, but it seems huge. Is...
6
6

Recoating polyurethene . . .
I've had a lot of trouble trying to coat a table-top with polyurethane. I first applied regular Minwax polyurethane with a sponge brush, as the directions suggested. Inevitably I wound up with a...
11
11

RG59 or RG6?
Hello- I am getting ready to have cable internet installed for the first time in my house. Due to the odd location at which I would like the cable to emerge, I would like to route the cable myself...
14
14

Left handed toilets?
We had been having trouble with one of our toilets water valve making lots of noise. It sounded like a jet taking off. I assumed it was getting ready to explode. Since I had gotten knocked off-line...
10
10