Subject Author Posted Replies

Germans trying to kill-off pound
will soon be forced to scrap the pound and join the euro, one of Germany?s most senior figures said yesterday. In a chilling threat to UK sovereignty, German finance minister Wolfgang Schauble...
27
27

M inimizing dust during floor tile replacement ?
Any tips on minimizing the dust that can be generated during a kitchen floor tile job? We currently have tile on the floor, installed before we bought the house, but it's chipped and not what we want...
14
14

OT Water Bottle Cannon
's interesting to see how the wall collapses and that the blocks aren't pulverized like a typical projectile would do. R The humble office water cooler bottle is being deployed in the latest military...
1
1

What about a national battery?
That is, a battery that could supply the nation's electrical needs for a few days during a blackout. The author computes it could be done with a sufficiently large, or sufficiently numerous, lead-acid...
37
37

HVAC question
It is 27 degrees F outside and my thermostat is set at 68 F. Currently my HVAC unit (air forced heat pump) is pushing out 76 F. I'm using a thermometer that is usually in my refrigerator. Should I...
8
8

Menards Black Friday
Things that caught my eye: * Multi-function Miracle Tool (HF clone) - $14.95 * Drill bit set - $2.95 * 6-pak 9-LED flashlights (like the ones HF gave away) - $4.97 * Interior paint, satin,...
5
5

City bans fake grass
Because of lead and cancer-causing ingredients. But only in front yards. "[GLENDALE, Calif] The city of Glendale is imposing a ban on artificial grass. Notices are going out to homeowners whose front...
31
31

OT bottled water for children?
As more and more people, it seems, drink bottled water instead of tap water, are they aslo giving it to their children? And others have mineral filters on their household water. Does that mean that a...
19
19

How To Make Sure You Don't Leave The House When Drunk!
And....They are available for sale too: http://chzallnighter.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/party-fails-house-door-maze-puzzle-lock-drunk.jpg http://tinyurl.com/6kjhdtj...
6
6

Thief Aware!
Ran across this freeware program that might fit in with earlier discussions regarding security cameras. It uses a video capture device to monitor a target area. When the program detects motion, it...
4
4

Superhydrophobic coatings
A coating (spray, paint) that repels water and oils (water, apple sauce, chocolate syrup, motor oil, etc.). This stuff is different from water PROOFING in that it REPELS water. You pour water on it,...
7
7

Sump pump liner install, back-fill with concrete?
I will install a sump pump liner and will dig a hole near a stone wall foundation. My concern is that the hole might weaken the foundation a bit. I have insurance for such things but want to take no...
2
2

Van work bench LED bulb follow up
I found some LED panels for replacing the lamp in stairwell lights that were really bright a couple of years ago. They had some resistors on them that dropped the 120 VAC down to something the diodes...
12
12

Ciruit Board Protection
How to clean rosin flux from circuit boards. Covers choices for solvents, tools and techniques.
30
30

how is it possible?
About 3 years ago, I bought a new Frigidaire microwave, and of course it has a digital clock on it. This crazy clock gains approximately a minute every 2 months. Our stove right below it has a digital...
11
11