Subject Author Posted Replies

'stick-um' for a friction fit pulley?
I've got an old-ish [10yrs?] treadmill that I stuck in the outdoor gazebo for my morning walk when it rains or whatever. Lately it started slipping a bit every so often. So I pull it apart & it looks...
4
4

(OT) Car stereo adoptor "thingie" ????
They sell some sort of device that you plug a portable MP3 into it, and that thing sends the music to a blank radio frequency so the mp3 player can be heard on the car radio. What are these things...
20
20

Looking for a more sensitive thermostat
Yes, I realize what I'm asking for will mean that my furnace/AC will be running less efficiently, but I'm willing to give this up for comfort. I've had two thermostats in two different homes over the...
42
42

Thanksgiving Terrorism Alert 2011
NOTICE: Terrorism Alert for Thanksgiving 2011. Before carving or eating your turkey today, be sure to thoroughly check it for bombs, and other explosives. Turkeys loaded with explosives are a major...
4
4

JOKE: While shopping...
Two guys, one old one young, are pushing their carts around Wal-Mart when they collide. The old guy says to the young guy, 'Sorry about that. I'm looking for my wife, and I guess I wasn't paying...

Santa Claus is coming to Town (on Thanksgiving)
He'll be dressed up like a TURKEY...... Being pulled by eight flying craindeers..... errrrrrrr, maybe that's cranberrys....

OT There are some smart people in this world
is not very exciting to watch, but a pretty impressive do it yourself project. This stand-alone robot solves Rubik's cube automatically. See http://tiltedtwister.com for info and building...

Second Story Height Limit
I would like to add a second story addition to my home. My homeowners association limits building height to 18 feet and also states that the roof must have a minimum pitch of 4 inches in 12 inches. Is...
28
28

PEX for homebrew .............
Getting ready to plumb up some stuff, and was wondering if I should use PEX. Tinker-Toy easy to work with, and reasonably priced. Have you used it? Would you recommend it? How about sanitary-wise? On...
5
5

Free publications on home maintenance & repair
Excellent mostly free PDF publications for download here on house = renovation, maintenance, repair, etc. Publications & Reports from Canada Mortgage & Housing Corp Page Not Found | Page non trouvée

Kitchen appliances
This is like asking, what is a good automobile! Blue collar worker, looking for dependable....appliances. So looking for stuff above basic/cheap, maybe in stainless. Have had many brands, not real...
38
38

My resting place
When i'm dead i'll be stuffed in here & buried in the ditch behind the shed !! Won't cost a cent !! Pic's below ! Jerry http://community.webtv.net/Grandmother300/Urn2011
10
10

Does a well need a vent on the cap?
Does a water well need a vent on the cap? My wall has a weird cap because it once had as an old fashioned windmill setup. There is just one small hole, and the wires come out of there. It does allow...
5
5

The Green Thing
The Green Thing Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the older woman, that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment. The woman...
17
17

OT Amazon to begin charging state sales tax
They are "not raising taxes" they are "just helping to collect taxes". There is a big difference... Senators debated a measure to collect sales taxes on online purchases.
250
250