Subject Author Posted Replies

Priming/Sealing drywall before wallpapering
I had read that new drywall needs to be primed/sealed before trying to apply wallpaper; "Shieldz" was mentioned specifically, so I bought a qt. can of clear Shieldz (it's a small area). After applying...
27
27

31 Things You'll Never Hear a Texan Say...
[Number 28 makes this post on-topic] Texans will never say...: 31. When I retire, I'm movin' north. 30. Oh I just couldn't, she's only sixteen. 29. I'll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex. 28. Duct tape...
65
65

QUESTION FOR AN ELECTRICIAN
I own a gas station that was remodeled about 20 years ago. When it was wired up, in the specs for the dispenser wiring it was required for the power to the dispensers and the dispenser lights to have...
7
7

Ethanol ate my Skil saw
"The explosion was so loud firefighters at Station 76, about a mile and a half away, said they heard it."...
1
1

small air compressor recommendation - PC vs Hitachi vs other
any recommendations for/against: Porter Cable C2002 -- $134 free shipping Hitachi EC89 - 102.90 + 15 ship Hitachi EC501 - 81.90 free ship prices from for reconditioned units
3
3

RV Toilet issue
I have a park model RV (38 ft). The RV is permanently set on a site in an RV park. (This is a weekend/vaca home) We have a permanent sewer hook up from RV to sewer via flexible pipe. Occasionally the...
13
13

How to fix this!?
.....short of stomping yer smart phone into dust. The Android developer who raised the ire of a mobile-phone monitoring company last week is on the attack again, producing a video of how the Carrier...
6
6

Horsepower of electric motor V/S Size of motor
I have a 1/2HP electric motor on a power saw, and that motor is fairly large. I just bought a portable pump for transferring water from items such as a flooded washing machine, bathtub with clogged...
10
10

OT Single flashing red light
We were setting at an intersection yesterday in Alabama. Besides the regular red light there was a single red light hanging, and it had a white strobe that looked like it was part of the flashing red...
15
15

Sears Front wheel Drive Mower- Wheels Froze up
I have a Sears front wheel drive lawn mower, 21 inch 6.75HP, model # 917376551, that is about 6 years old. Today while mowing, when I engaged the front wheels by squeezing the lever on the handle, I...
3
3

OK to paint outside when overnight temps below freezing?
I have a few small areas to paint. I can do them during the day when it's > 40F, but overnight it will drop below freezing. Is that a problem? Do I just need to wait until spring? I have a small bit...
10
10

Questions on Dry Wall Shims
The description of the dry wall shims found at the site referenced below contains the following statements. "Ideal for floating butt-joints and framing irregularities. Save time by shimming drywall to...
4
4

chemical sponge query
quite a while ago, I saved the advice of some of you [in a.c.] to use chemical sponges to clean soot, etc. from walls. having the need now to clean soot off a wall, I set forth in quest of the same....
3
3

screwing into aluminum channel
Can you screw into aluminum that is 1/8" thick? I know you can screw into sheet metal, but I wonder if 1/8" thick aluminum would just strip screws. I found some aluminum channel online that is 1.5"...
20
20

Two problems at once
OT for home repair?? Two problems at once. A friend in a 2002 Nissan Frontier pickup skidded on wet leaves in the rain, and hit the guard rail with the front right corner of his car. The right front...
11
11