Subject Author Posted Replies

Why do people buy the pre-mixed anti-freee?
I dont understand why people waste their money buying that pre-mixed anti-freeze. It's half water. Are people that lazy that they cant mix the water with the AF themselves? Here are some figures. A...
41
41

Slugs
I have never experienced this, but *after* you use the sink might help. I know pure salt will kill them, but I don't know about salt diluted by the water in the trap. Couldn't hoit.
7
7

Armored/BX Cable question
I recently acquired a lot of older BX/armored cable. Many have a little aluminum wire inside which I see wrapped around the ends of the cable on some of them where they were taken out of of the cables...
3
3

Does anyone know what 'kind' of threads are on a typical portable gas can?
For reasons explained elsewhere, I would love to replace the 'spout' of about ten Blitz five-gallon plastic portable gasoline containers with a simple gas cap. I called Blitz, who does not sell an...
27
27

Cracking grout in patio tiles
I have an outdoor patio, about 15 x 50. It is covered with 16 x 16 ceramic tiles. The grout lines are about 1/4" wide. The tile was installed 5 years ago. Three feet of the patio floor is in direct...

Church Uses Baby Monitor To Help Nab Suspected Copper Thieves
Church Uses Baby Monitor To Help Nab Suspected Copper Thieves December 2, 2011 1:30 PM Members of a Carmichael church that had been targeted by copper thieves for two nights in a row managed to help...
2
2

OT- charitable appeal
Many hard-working people from one of America's largest employers have found themselves down on their luck this holiday season. Some are wondering just where their next meal is coming from. So what can...
1
1

Coleman Gas Furnace - Not working :(
Hello all! I have a Coleman Gas Furnace that is not working. For a while the problem was intermittent, but now it completely quit. The thermostat is working properly, sending the furnace the signal to...
10
10

Walmart joins Amazon for packaging changes.
Walmart has joined Amazon in the fight against certain product packaging. That's the clear heavy plastic kind with the welded edges that takes a chain saw to open, well at least a sharp knife. ?We?ve...
2
2

Safe way to dispose of used anti-freeze
I live in the country, there are no places to recycle it. I dont want to pour it where animals can get poisoned, and dont want to pour it down the septic tank. What can I do with it? If I did a hole...
9
9

DIY stainless steel chimney liner installation
I need to replace my fireplace flue, and have gotten a couple of estimates to have a stainless steel flexible liner installed ranging from $1500 to almost $3000. I wondered if this is a job I could do...
9
9

Fluorescent Light Fixture
I want to put some fluorescent lights in my barn. I would like to turn them on/off individually with a pull switch and also direct ire them. All the fixtures with the pull switch on them have a cord...
5
5

Wax Pen
I have a marker holder, black with a red twist knob, about 4" long, and am looking for the replacement wax. It is one of those markers that marks on anything. Any ideas on where to find it? I used to...
3
3

OT: Tiime for a little fun.
GOTTA PEE Two women friends had gone for a girls' night out. Both were very faithful and loving wives, however They had gotten over-enthusiastic on the Bacardi Breezers. Incredibly drunk and walking...
2
2

Black Splat
I have a gas hot water heater in my basement. It looks as though black water shot out of the pressure relief tube. There is a large splat mark on the floor of dried black residue. The splat is about 6...
7
7