Subject Author Posted Replies

Man runs wild with hammer at NH mall (at least it wasn't a gun)
You see? Even crazy people are far less dangerous when they don't have a gun. I wonder if he's the owner of the local glass company... ================================================= runs wild with...
12
12

News you can use
Your vehicle may not be a total loss. Article on how to deal with a car that has carried a rotting corpse. "After pressure generated by the story going viral, a suburban Detroit car dealer has agreed...

Wall Heater Thermostat
My new wall heater has a gas valve that is thermostatically compatible. The most common thermostat for this heater is called a "microvolt" thermostat. It apparently get its microvolts from something...
7
7

OT - The harassing calls
I know someone who's getting harassing calls and emails. The angry, mentally unstable harasser says "I'll call the police and have you arrested". Even though, there's no crime committed (by the...
33
33

OT: Christmas gift suggestions for kids who like gadgets/electronics
I have teenage grandson who really loves to tinker, take stuff apart, modify. When younger, he was always taking stuff apart, just to see what's in it. Knows computers, cell phones, RC cars, etc. very...
1
1

Copper Thieves Targeting Dallas Schools
It's sad watching the USA eat itself from the inside... ==================================== ( ? Campuses in the Dallas Independent School District (DISD) have been the repeated victims of copper...
12
12

Water oftener , which one?
Hi, Our 16 YO Kenmore softener looks like getting tired. 3rd time I had to install main valve seal kit, rotor disc, and venturi valve kit. Expecting a replacement next, any suggestions/comments? Our...
1
1

How to remove concrete residue from plastic
I have a couple of those have white concrete on them, some solidly stuck. How can I remove it safely to restore the good looks. Thanks http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/J-G-Porter/133.JPG
11
11

Electronic Timer Won't Shut Down Amp
At least that's what it appears... In the old days these timers had a relay, but I know the new ones have no mechanical moving parts. The amp in question is "smart." When it receives an audio signal...
10
10

Source for *magnetic* extended drill drivers
For hard to reach places where your hand may not fit into to hold the screw on the tip of the driver. 6" to 12" would be great for common screw types. I pretty much stick to phillips but a set of...
9
9

Fire bowl on a wood deck
On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 21:11:59 -0800, Smitty Two wrote Re Fire bowl on a wood deck: A 3 or 4 decorative bricks?
35
35

OT Anyone know if this is useful or decorative?
have passed this building in Atlanta a 100 times, but this is the first time I noticed something sticking out of the building. The building on the right of the road has a "vent" looking thing sticking...
5
5

Urinals for the home -> why not?
Here's the random thought of the day. Why wouldn't a urinal be "proper" or useful or ergonomic for the average home washroom? Aside from the case where you might have an all-female household, I would...
69
69

Commercial refrigeration question
I service freezers, for selling bagged ice. I have seen a run of dusty condensors, and this month, been changing out condensor fans. With the dirty condensor, the pressures and temps go up. Does that...
12
12

Door doesn't shut "right." New hinges
I have an indoor sauna -- not a hot-tub -- just a warm, wood-panel room, rocks, steam (we don't use the steam). Door to sauna is a typical household door, except it has a veneer of redwood over the...
1
1