Subject Author Posted Replies

Copper wire
Is it really worth it?
3

How to price a wine rack (Kedco KM series 24"x 46 3/8" x 38 7/8")
I am scoping out buying a custom made or existing wine rack similar to the Kedco KM series 24"x 46 3/8" x 38 7/8" which is shown here: 've already called Kedco who will be giving me a spec - but where...
12
12

Room Fan Air Direction
I thought it was blow down in summer, suck up in winter. I had an energy audit guy come over today and he said the opposite - blow down in winter, suck up in summer. His argument, the ceiling is...
5
5

Toilet wax ring
Has anybody tried the "Sani-Seal" no wax replacement for the toilets wax ring? Hank
19
19

Good old 100W bulbs dirt cheap!
For those of you who still like plain old bulbs for certain applications, I was at HD last night and they have standard 100W incandescent bulbs from Phillips.... 16 for $3! That's right, Sixteen for...
56
56

Connecting old plumbing. . .
I realize that I'm asking a very general and ambiguous question, but I really have no better view of my plumbing problem than someone reading this for the first time. So let me just say, I'm only...
13
13

Battery Charger (Which lead is the POS)?
I have a battery charger I bought at an auction. It works (lights an auto headlight), but it came without the battery clamps. I bought some clamps, but cant identify which wire is the POS and the NEG....
22
22

Vinyl Siding
Hello Experts! I recently purchased a house and know it will need a new paint job within the coming year. I would rather install vinyl siding and be done with it. I will not be doing the job myself,...
55
55

Amish man willing to install electricity In his home
It's pretty clear that they don't think cars are per se evil, because they don't object, I'm told by someone who should know, to their 16 to 18 year old children** having cars. Sometimes they park...
13
13

Motion Detector troubleshooting tip
Like many of you, I use X-10 and HF motion detectors outdoors because they're cheap, mostly waterproof, run a long time on a set of batteries and have fairly decent range and they work. I find them...
2
2

How Good Are Roombas For Fine Dust and Bugs?
Hi, We get a nice layer of fine dust and bugs on our floors daily. How good are Roombas (or equivalents) at picking that up? Thanks, Gary
9
9

Gotta get them squirrels
A family of gray squirrels have taken up residence in my attic. I had been hearing them for a week or two, but I figured they were on the roof, because I didn't think there was any place in the attic...
36
36

Air in Sealed Central Heating System
If it's a steam system, ignore this. Never had steam radiators. I've had a couple hot water systems. You don't say if the system was recently emptied, then refilled If so, when refilling the radiators...
9
9

OT physical questions about the sinking Italian ship
OT Does anyone know a) what the water temp was where the ship sank in Italy? How long can one last at that temperature? b) how far it really was from the ship to land? Because of telephoto lenses,...
62
62

OT Thought this might amuse...
Looks like a standard Mark I 'possum to me...
6
6