Subject Author Posted Replies

Instruction videos
Everyone is putting on the instructions and they always want you to fill out the registration card so they can spam you. I would like to be able to watch a video of assembly instructions. It would be...
4
4

Bat infestation on a tile roof
More like Holy Bat Cave...
14
14

Fans in hoods built into microwaves
Does anyone know of a microwave which has a built in hood underneath it which filters the air properly please? We have a GE setup with the microwave positioned over the cooker and a fan in it with...
18
18

How can you tell how much propane is left in a tank?
I used my HF "weed burning" propane wand/torch to melt some ice this weekend. It did a pretty good job - I had started it up at 11PM but it was way too loud for evening work so I had to wait until the...
68
68

Vinyl Siding x2
Hello again! This is in addition to the thread I started but I have something to add. Since my first post, my fiance purchased her first income property and wants to cover it with siding. Here is a...
4
4

shower head
Recently (maybe 6 months ago) I replaced my 14 year old moen shower head with another moen shower head. When I first replaced it all worked fine but now I'm noticing some streams of water thru the...
29
29

Best Weatherstripping?
I live in an old house. Much of the weatherstripping on the doors is felt or springy metal. At the local Lowes / HD all you can find is the self-adhesive foam strips which last about one year -- or...
8
8

Chronic plumbing problems
Lately, it has been nothing but one plumbing problem after another in my house. My toilet valve doesn't always close completely, and will sometimes drip-drip-drip into the lower bowl until the next...
4
4

gas hob ignition
Sounds like the electronic ignition module has failed. I have a similar problem, a new module costing me almost $80!. It mounts on the back of the propane range, is about the size of a pkg of American...
2
2

Heating oil prices give the shivers
"While natural gas prices have plummeted to 10-year lows, heating oil prices have been steadily rising for years and are expected to reach record levels this winter, precipitated by higher costs for...
18
18

PVC Suggestions/Help Requested MAPP Gas Question
2 Part Question: I have had to fix several PVC pipes in my home. The first was probably the result of a frozen pipe in the main pipe to my home. It was roughly a 300 feet run of pipe wth the break...
7
7

sistering joists
some time ago i inquired about fastening some steel plate to the sides of some 100+ year old, full dimension, rough cut oak floor joists to stiffen them up. I've decided to sister them with like sized...
46
46

Hot tub wiring
Can I use 2/12 wiring for a 240 volt 22 amp hot tub.? I have about 50 feet of 2/12 wire already wired from my electrical panel to outside. This wire used to be for a pool heater but I no longer have...
8
8

Humor: About retirees
Retirement ! Question: How many days in a week? Answer: 6 Saturdays, 1 Sunday Question: When is a retiree's bedtime? Answer: Three hours after he falls asleep on the couch. Question: How many retirees...
12
12

Would this be a weak Pole Transformer?
I was at the tire shop the other day and had to use the restroom. While in the restroom the lights suddenly went to half brightness, and I heard their air compressor kick on in the shop. When I went...
9
9