Subject Author Posted Replies

It's Back!
They used to be free, just for walking in. I guess they got cleaned out pretty good, now they are only free with purchase. I gave them out for Christmas presents, a couple years in a row, now....
8
8

Sour smell beneath washer
We had a leak around the washer. The floor is vinyl and I didn't see = anywhere it could leak. But now 2 weeks later, there is a sour smell = coming from under the washer. I will pull it out tomorrow...
16
16

Never say "Gimme a Break"
"Gimme a Break" This is the one expression you NEVER use in an auto service garage. Don't matter if you spell it "break" or "brake", it sounds the same, and some doofuss WILL surely hand you a brake...

Shut Up Holmes
about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage. Seriously. How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have any effect?
11
11

Ridgid 300 pipe threader has a lot of axial play in the spindle
I have a Ridgid 300 pipe threader, that happens to have a lot of axial (longitudinal) play in the spindle. I can move the spindle forward and back by perhaps 1/8 inches. Would anyone have any idea as...
1
1

Hammer Drills for Electric Screwdrivers
Often on Holmes Inspection and This Old House, the workers use what appear to be hammer drills as electric screwdrivers, particularly for lag bolts or long screws. Are they really using hammer drills,...
18
18

Press-on fittings and valve info?
I need to replumb a kitchen sink and I saw some sharkbite fittings and valves that appear to just "push" onto the 1/2" copper pipe. I plan to install two ball valves, a "T" for the dishwasher feed and...
3
3

Cool white LED flash light bulbs link
to Steve Spence for the URL, these are said to be "cool white". Should combine a lower current draw, and good light. I havn't bought any, but Steve says he and others are very pleased.
2
2

Maytag Dishwasher - Door won't latch when closed.
Just when I thought I would off, my childbride announced that the dishwasher door will not latch shut. Where can I purchase parts on-line, if I need them? Dick
2
2

240V disconnect with 120V lathe
... ... The neutral may _not_ be fused by NEC so the question re: lightning is moot (besides not being useful anyway). --
16
16

OBSERVATION: How to make mud
Using nothing more than TSP and water, wash down two walls that haven't had any attention in twenty-five years.

HELP: stump removal
I've posted several times before on this problem. I had a black acacia tree ~16 in diameter. I pruned it heavily ~7 yrs ago and it sent up HUNDREDS of root suckers every year. About 1-1/2 years ago I...
26
26

How deep to make foundation on the Moon
When Newt Gingrich becomes president, I plan to build a house on the moon. I'm making plans now. How deep into the earth should I put the foundation? Errrrr. wait a minute, that should read "How deep...
23
23

Refrigerator non problem
Late last night I went into the kitchen to get a drink of water from the refrigerator water dispenser. I pushed the glass against the lever and heard the solenoid, but no flow. Crap!. I need a new...
2
2

Shower - hot water in only one certain position
At my parent's house, one shower has a handle that goes from hot to cold. You have to put the handle at one certain position to get any hot water, and then it isn't very much. If you move the handle...
8
8