Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Computers making life easier
I have a prescription I have been waiting 2 hours to get filled. I am in no rush for it, but checked at 1.5 hrs and at 2 hrs and it is not ready. Calling the pharmacy gets a voice menu that usually...
40
40

Punxsutawney Phil saw his Shadow 2/2/2012 .........
TOP OF THE NEWS Feb 2, 2012. The most significant news on this date it that Punxsutawney Phil saw his Shadow today. That means 6 more weeks of winter. there's a problem. Quite a few other groundhogs...
2
2

Lining A Sewer Pipe - Any Experience/Opinions?
It depends a LOT on where those roots are coming from. Digging my sewer pipe up would be a MAJOR undertaking, as some fool planted a maple tree basically dead center over the pipe 38 years ago. It's...
4
4

SIMPLE electrical job. Cost via electrician? chg direct-wire to plug & socket
Here's what I want to do. I've got steam/boiler heater, runs on gas, the only electricty needed is to run the (solenoid?) thermostat, basically. It's powered via a cable (covered in flexible metal...
110
110

Please reply if you have had problems with Photocell E127584.
I've had to replace everyone of mine. I hate them.
70
70

Buying house in houston
I'm in Houston. I don't think we HAVE home inspectors. Why would you want one anyway? You can get plenty of advice right here. When I bought my house, it was "inspected," and I got a "report." I swear...
5
5

Cold water supply clogged at Kitchen sink How to clear
I had to remove the faucet today and put back on. When I did the cold water side comes out very slow. We have very hard water and this has happened before, but there was a plumber here that time. I...
3
3

Big Box Stores In San Jose, Costa Rica
We are in a small town just outside San Jose, Costa Rica. We could really use a Home Depot and Best Buy here. We've gotten about as much we can out of the MultiPlaza, Walmart, and EPA in Escazu but...
1
1

running pex in a basement replumb job
I bought an old house which needs to have the water supplies replumbed (It has the old style butyl pipe, and I am refinishing the basement) I intend to run 3/4" Pex from the entrance (about half way...
2
2

Faulthy wiring.
Lately I have been working on, or been taking down some house installations. With almost 100% hitrate I find one or two loose screws or wire nuts in those . Is that due to lousy workmanship? Or is...
7
7

Question regarding plumbing
We live at the peak of a small mountain. We replaced our well water with city water about 9 years ago. City water was overall fine for first few years, low pressure at first, due to our altitude, but...
36
36

Asbestos
Why is it even legal to sell a home with asbestos that needs to be removed? (I understand that not all asbestos has to be removed if it is sealed and not disturbed.)
17
17

Holmes Inspection
While I've read comments in this newsgroup critical of Mike Holmes, I do think I'm learning about construction from watching his shows. Does anyone here have any inside information on Holmes? The show...
6
6

Looking for high temperature fabric
Several years ago, I bought some of these kitchen stovetop protectors. are made from some type of thin fiberglass-like material with a silver coating. They are thin and work very well, despite some of...
4
4

Homeownership rates fall to 66% in US as downturn nears a bottom
Canadian census data indicates that Canadian home ownership was 68.4% in 2006 - an all time high. I haven't been able to find home ownership rates for subsequent years - but the forclosure and...
4
4