Subject Author Posted Replies

pex question
what is the better fitting system for pex? Is it the plastic sharkbite or the ring clamp on brass? Or is one better in some apps and the other best in other apps.
6
6

Manual Transfer Switch
I've been googling about but I can't find exactly what I need. I thought so= meone on this group might have a link or answer. What I want is a switch bo= x with two power sources coming in, house...
15
15

wall timer
I have two wall switches that work side by side with one cover plate for both (switches turn on/off in up/down directions). If I want to replace one switch with a timer, is there a wall plate that can...
10
10

Connecting components
How do I hook-up an RCA DVD player (Model RC5240PB) and a Sony VCR player (Model SLBN50) to a SONY Bravia HDTV (Model KDL-32EX400)? (The HDTV is TV2 for a Dish VIP-622 DVR).
7
7

OT -- keeping old floppy disks
I've got about 200 or so old A drive, 1.44 MB floppy disks. Some day, I'll set up a reader, and copy all the data onto a drive, flash drive, or burn it all the a DVD. Is there any reason to keep the...
45
45

Hot Water Pressure Problems - One Faucet Only
I've got a hot water pressure problem but only at one fixture: the 2 handle non-low flow fixture at my basement utility sink. It's your basic home-center utility sink fixture, the kind you can attach...
26
26

Coffee pot repair
I bought a Starbucks Athena Barista espresso maker at a yard sale for $10. It is a $300 machine. Don't you know, it don't work. I have downloaded the stuff, but can't figure it out. Anyone have one of...
5
5

Concrete evidence of stupidity
Concrete evidence of stupidity guess Porsche drivers really are special.
16
16

OT: coffee pot problem
Guys, sorry if I'm off topic but this is a big part of my household on a "daily" basis so I decided to ask here. My Capresso (449??) coffee maker stop working today. I think it's around 10 years old...
16
16

Ikea Faucet adapter required
Recently purchased an Ikea faucet. After purchase I discovered that the hookup hoses use a 1/2" FIP nut with a flat washer. The instructions show an adapter that is needed to prevent leaks. (see page...
4
4

OT: Another quiz
The following were taken from a 5th grade textbook published in 1909: * How many pounds of sugar, at $0.06 a pound, can be exchanged for 9 pounds of butter at $0.32 a pound, and 12 dozen eggs at $0.18...
11
11

Standard size of shut-off valve?
So after the fiasco of having to search for a plumbing supply house that ca= rried a PEX compression fitting in the right size for the hot water shut of= f under the kitchen sink, I should have known...
9
9

Grill cleaning questions
I have a Vermont Castings grill that I like a lot. It's time to take it apart and clean it up. What's a good way to clean the grates? IIRC, they are porcelain. And the flame diffusers, which are...
15
15

Propane question
I have two propane appliances. One is a Bosch range top, fed from an outside 114 gal propane tank. The other is a Vermont Castings grill, fed from a 20# bottle. Both of the tanks are outside. At this...
11
11

Spurce for drawer pulls
I am trying to match a drawer pull for a nightstand with the pulls on a dresser in the same room. The pulls are not very attractive, but I think the room would look better if the nightstand matched...
7
7