Subject Author Posted Replies

Is this a reasonable fee for a concrete slab?
I need to have a concrete slab poured to provide a place to anchor a 330 gallon propane tank so it won't float away in the next flood. I live on a barrier island (Topsail Beach, NC) and we sometimes...
12
12

3 way switches shows 2 hot wires
I measured a 3 way switch and I got two wires on 2 different screws measuring 120 volts. I thought only one should be hot??? I'm in a rush so I can't write a lot but if looking at the switch with...
24
24

Garage Doors Advice Needed
I live in Florida. My house was built in 1983 and the garage door is the one that came with the house. I did have it "upgraded" back in 2007 - the door is the same but it was braced. The codes have...
9
9

Can Ground wire be wire nutted in EVERY state?
Location Maricopa County, AZ New construction here has wire nuts on HOT and NEUTRAL, but the ground wire is twisted and then crimped with a metal tube. Does code allow, in every location, to use a...
5
5

electric screwdrive bits
I have an old skill battery powered screwdriver that uses double end bits, one end of the bit is for slotted screws and the other for Phillips. The bit is held in magnetically. I have a newer Hitachi...
3
3

ground wires
I will be wiring a timer with a ground that connects to the existing ground in the wall. The existing ground is actually two wires twisted together and wirenutted. If I remove this wirenut and add...
26
26

3 way switch ground wiring (ignor my neutral wiring thread)
I have a electrical box that I pulled out the 3 way switch for examining the wiring. It has one two wire cable and one three wire cable going into it. The white wires are wire nutted together and so...
12
12

one-wire pole transformers
I just noticed that all the residential transformers on the poles on my street only have one wire feeding them. There are three wires on top of the pole. One wire in, and three wires out to the...
68
68

Wbat is a hands-free meter?
Wbat is a hands-free meter? I don't especially want this meter, but I do want to know why it's called hands-free. has 2 test leads, but no robot to hold them where they should go. I googled and they...
26
26

Kobalt Speedfit Tool
A year or more ago, I purchased a Kobalt Speedfit tool that has a drill bit and countersink in one position and a screw driver bit in the other position when the bit holder is flipped. The tool is not...
2
2

Lawn Mower Will Not Start
My Toro Personal pace lawn mower has a problem with the pull starter. It is difficult to pull the cord and often hangs up and can not be pulled at all. Can anyone tell me if this can be repaired, and...
13
13

Arcing on connection to cap on Trane A/C compressor
Last summer I replaced a cap on this '88 Trane unit when it stopped running. It was actually the 2nd time I'd replaced that cap. Once the cap was replaced it ran fine. Cooled the house off quick, not...
29
29

bolting and retrofitting
From the photos in this link, does this mean my home is considered "bolted to the foundation" ? I have had a home for 10 years, built in 1948 in the La Crescenta area of Los Angeles. It survived the...
49
49

Man steals natural gas from neighbor's home..
That guy's face looks a little like the faces you see when you Google "faces of meth"
11
11

Zennis Update
Took the bunch of Zenni glasses to independant optician. He put them all on the "gadget" and find out that most of the Zennis correction were exactly as requested. One had the wrong astigmatism...
3
3