Subject Author Posted Replies

Concrete evidence of stupidity
Concrete evidence of stupidity guess Porsche drivers really are special.
16
16

OT: coffee pot problem
Guys, sorry if I'm off topic but this is a big part of my household on a "daily" basis so I decided to ask here. My Capresso (449??) coffee maker stop working today. I think it's around 10 years old...
16
16

Ikea Faucet adapter required
Recently purchased an Ikea faucet. After purchase I discovered that the hookup hoses use a 1/2" FIP nut with a flat washer. The instructions show an adapter that is needed to prevent leaks. (see page...
4
4

OT: Another quiz
The following were taken from a 5th grade textbook published in 1909: * How many pounds of sugar, at $0.06 a pound, can be exchanged for 9 pounds of butter at $0.32 a pound, and 12 dozen eggs at $0.18...
11
11

Standard size of shut-off valve?
So after the fiasco of having to search for a plumbing supply house that ca= rried a PEX compression fitting in the right size for the hot water shut of= f under the kitchen sink, I should have known...
9
9

Grill cleaning questions
I have a Vermont Castings grill that I like a lot. It's time to take it apart and clean it up. What's a good way to clean the grates? IIRC, they are porcelain. And the flame diffusers, which are...
15
15

Propane question
I have two propane appliances. One is a Bosch range top, fed from an outside 114 gal propane tank. The other is a Vermont Castings grill, fed from a 20# bottle. Both of the tanks are outside. At this...
11
11

Spurce for drawer pulls
I am trying to match a drawer pull for a nightstand with the pulls on a dresser in the same room. The pulls are not very attractive, but I think the room would look better if the nightstand matched...
7
7

Beast's Heating and Cooling in Hemet
Hi there, Beast here in Hemet Ca I am considering to move my wall heater from the hallway into the basement where I can easily vent the hot exhaust gasses under my house in the crawl space and heat my...
6
6

OT: Completely Solving Single Equation with 2 Unknowns
I almost changed channels, but I kept going. shakes a bottle of water and it turns to ice. Way cool.
16
16

(OT) Do the movie theaters use Film or Digital these days?
I could not find any other newsgroup to post this. I have not been to a movie theater in years, and just went to a movie last week. While I was there I got to wondering if they still use films to show...
11
11

Repair Lighthouse figurine
The lighthouse broke off my "Alcatraz Island Lighthouse Figurine From Scaasis". How can I glue it back on?
14
14

OT quiz with ANSWERS
Subj: Quiz - try this   What did Darwin think was the most peculiar human expression ? yawning laughing crying blushing frowning ------------------------------------------------------------------...

OT - Strategies to Max Out Social Security Benefits
They left out (at least) one strategy. Bob as reached FRA but wants to delay receiving his benefits. Sue is eligible for a spousal benefit that is larger than her own. Bob employs the "File and...
10
10

OT: Interesting Debt Comparisons
Red Green wrote in news:Xns9FFCC7045ABA2RedGreen@ 88.198.244.100: Just taking one line. Didn't really go farther because if they can't get the deficit right, there is no use. Deficit = money...