Subject Author Posted Replies

Paint your walls -- and die
But, but, but... Drywall and paint is immensely cheaper than wood walls! I grew up in a house with wood walls, and, guess what? The wooden walls were covered with cheesecloth then wallpaper! (Ever...
2
2

I got a problem:(
I got at least one RAT in my house. Right now its eating my dogs food. Its a well fed healthy looking rat running between my bedroom and the kitchen with the dogs food and water....... my dogs appear...
39
39

Need a battery to solder into the camera
I wanted to put this thread right here, after the follow-up thread,, but I won't have enough info for it until tomorrow at the earliest I've looked all over and I can find it listed in the Panasonic...
1
1

Follow-up on wet camera / May need battery
Here's a short follow-up on the wet camera. My fantasy about an easy repair waned, and I began to agree with anyone who said drying the camera would not help (2 months after it was submerged for a...
6
6

Summer Projects!
Hello Experts! As winter comes to a close, I finally managed to get the rem= ainder of my Christmas lights down off the house. While doing that, I was l= ooking at the house and realized that a paint...
4
4

OT? Brazing Stainless Steel?
I'll crosspost this to a home repair group. There might be someone who can answer that there. I do a little welding but not professionally.
11
11

What is a good treatment for wooden shovel handles
Over time the wooden handles on shovels and other garden tools tend to dry out and crack. Particularly when they get weathered. I know it's best to keep them indoors, but that dont always happen. I...
28
28

Tip A contractor?
No experience with a contractor till this past weekend. Had my stoop done with limestone steps and bricks. He was the lowest bid of 3, and I was hesitant in hiring him and his crew..because he was...
17
17

Semi-OT: Cheap tools and other stuff
Bear with me: In my town, constables - the law enforcement arm of the Justice Courts - are responsible for evicting apartment dwellers and foreclosed residents. These eviction processes include...
4
4

Zenni update, Mar 11, 2012
Tried that. The images moved around, like the world was going up, down, and sideways. But not much focuss improvement. I wrote off for a stronger pair (larger number in the drop down menu). Those...

Always one last clock
We do daylight saving time in NYS. Last night, during the church social, I walked around all the offices, and class rooms. Changed clocks, and clock batteries. Every year, three or four days later,...
16
16

Mold And Silicone/RTV In Shower ?
Hi, I have a shower stall that over the years has apparently had some grout cracks fixed with RTV/Silicone. As to be expected, I guess, there is some mold on the Silicone. Seems to be Not on surface,...
5
5

sprinkler controller clock
I was resetting clocks this morning (government-mandated nonsense), when I noticed the date on its clock was wrong. Apparently, it can not be set to a year that isn't in the range of 1996 to 2011....
1
1

Dryer vents and gas meters...
I have both a gas meter and my dryer vent abut 3 feet from each other, whihc seems to be acceptable minimum code however: they are both under the deck. The meter's regulator is just on the outside of...
44
44

OT Coca Cola gives you cancer.
Is that the one they are taking out in the USA and leaving in for the rest of the world?
28
28