Subject Author Posted Replies

If you iron men's dress shirts - please answer me this ('cuz I'm confused)
:) PS: I'm old school ... but the 'new school' ironing boards befuddle me as to how one can iron WITHOUT one end of a two-ended board!
20
20

trying to remove 2" blinds from end clips
Can some refresh my memory how I remove the blinds from the window? I did it in another house a few years ago but now I'm stuck in this house. It appears to have clips on the ends flush with the...
11
11

160 pound spring for a 1/2 inch gap?
I want to put a spring under the heel of my inline skate. But there is only a 1/2 inch clearance, and it needs to be a heavy-duty spring. Should I consider using a spring steel flat bar or similar,...
12
12

Man caves are so last decade...
The newest thing is MAN ISLANDS (no girls allowed) " Designed to be the ultimate destination for mates' trips away, XXXX Island [after XXXX Gold beer] will offer people the chance to experience the...
2
2

Slide In Range Or Separate Cooktop and Oven
Hi, We could use advice from someone who has already made a choice between a range and separate cooktop and oven. We were going to have a separate cooktop and under the counter oven installed in an...
14
14

GE Ice-maker?
I just obtained a GE refrigerator with an ice-maker which I'm probably not going to use. Do I need to disable it in some manner? Thanks!
16
16

80 year old House- question about large bow window- large window sill-4 feet wide on inside..
Hi, Ive got an old house... with a large bow window.. On the inside I have a lo= ng window sill that hugs the bow window- it is long and wide- approx 4 feet= wide... I am painting the sill and window...
6
6

*YOU* are responsible for high gas prices
Did you know that everytime you buy anything in a plastic package, buy plastic trash bags, accept a plastic store bag, buy your kids plastic toys, and the list goes on...... *YOU* are responsible for...
158
158

Why would anyone want to slice up a musical instrument?
They keep playing this commercial on tv advertising a "Mandolin Slicer". I know that a mandolin is a stringed musical instrument similar (but different) to a guitar. Buying a slicer to slice up a...
4
4

Chain Saw Chain - Number of Teeth?
I went to the Borg to get a new chain for my 16" chain saw. The generic brand they sell had 4 - 5 different 16" chains with the number of teeth ranging from something like 56 to 60. Each version...
12
12

lawn mower
Last year I bought a used riding mower. Pretty good motor, about 14 hp. I was riding it around one day, and it started to slow down. Checked oil. Very low, below Dipstick. Refilling it still goes...
12
12

Product Review 108 LED 7W Bulb E27 Corn Lamp 110V/220V Cool White Lighting Light Energy Saving...
The bulbs arrived, tonight. They are slightly less bright than 11 watt compact fluorescent. Light has a definite blue hue to it. Two bulbs will light my bathroom comfortably enough for me to function....
5
5

Power Tool Battery Pack Comparisons
A long time ago I asked here how to disassemble my Ryobi 18V Li-Ion battery pack that showed "charged" in the charger but did nothing. Many people simply said, "Get it rebuilt", but I didn't. At long...
3
3

Bread mixer recommendation
This last month I have thrown three bread machines in the trash. I am quite sick and tired of made in China junk, but that is another topic. I'm looking for a bread mixer. I want something designed to...
5
5

OT - Stupid Ad of the Day by Yahoo
I think she is showing joy. She just got approved for a credit card with a $500 spending limit and only 39.9% interest. The people shown in Yahoo ads can be downright creepy.
10
10