Subject Author Posted Replies

Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?
Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1,392: 1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the light bulb has been changed... 14 to share...
10
10

OT Short of news in the UK
Yes. Twenty nine of our 50 states (plus DC) have "Stand Your Ground" laws. These laws say you do not have to retreat before using lethal force - assuming further that you have the right to use lethal...
191
191

Solar Plant -- "biggest in the nation".
Oren wrote in news: And perhaps this is the way to go. A sufficient number of people wanted to hear Obama to clog the roads with their SUVs ...
2
2

Pressure Washers - More
Hadn't thought about what pressure, cleaning solution, etc. until I saw the recent post on pressure washers; so what's a good pressure for a concrete drive and patio. I'd like to blast the grass and...
2
2

Limestone steps cleaning
I just had my steps done in front of my home with limestone and brick. Nice job done...BUT, naive about water stains on limestone. I washed the steps down with a hose to get rid of all the remaining...
1
1

Pressure washers
Wanting to get a pressure washer for cleaning off the driveway and siding. Wonder if those electic ones will get it done or should a throw in a couple more hundred and go gas? Was looking at a gas one...
5
5

OT - Job seekers getting asked for Facebook passwords
biggie. I don't HAVE a facebook page! At the other extreme are those whose sense of self-worth is determined by how many "friends" they have. Pitiful.
32
32

Supreme Court rules 9-0 against EPA over wetlands
SC ruled that property owners have the right to contest the EPA's ruling that their property falls under the Clean Water Act. They now get to have their day in court. That's all this ruling gave them.
27
27

What's up with Canada and horizontal electric panels?
Watching Holmes do his thing on TV, I've noticed that most of the electric service panels are installed horizontally instead of vertically. Must be some Canada thing? What's up with that? It looks...
48
48

Salt as Root Control in Toilet?
I asked my plumber, who was here a few days ago clearing roots from my plumbing (main line between house and street), what the best root control product was -- meaning that stuff you flush down the...
30
30

Spy TV?
Article here talks about Samsung's high end TVs. They have built in cameras and microphones. The author has quite a few privacy concerns.
9
9

How to lubricate desk chair casters
I have a nice desk chair, except only about 3 of the 10 wheels on the 5 casters rotate. The wheels arre modern, all black, with a hood around the tops of the wheels, but not the sides, like on a car...
3
3

Garage Door Opener
My Genie is 10 years old. The original price installed was $280. For the past three years I have had to have someone come out and "fix" it - about $100 each trip. It's started acting up again - when I...
13
13

OT - Power Pole Guy Wires
How do they determine where to place the guy wire for a power pole? They replaced 2 poles on my street this week. On one pole, they placed the guy wire perpendicular to the street, on the other it's...
17
17

Waterproofing masonry wall & concrete floor swimming pond
I have a rectangular swimming hole, 8'x15'x4'4" which is an extension to my pond twice as big. I like to water proof it without using a liner. It is in ground with grouted masonry walls and concrete...
2
2