Subject Author Posted Replies

How to lubricate desk chair casters
I have a nice desk chair, except only about 3 of the 10 wheels on the 5 casters rotate. The wheels arre modern, all black, with a hood around the tops of the wheels, but not the sides, like on a car...
3
3

Garage Door Opener
My Genie is 10 years old. The original price installed was $280. For the past three years I have had to have someone come out and "fix" it - about $100 each trip. It's started acting up again - when I...
13
13

OT - Power Pole Guy Wires
How do they determine where to place the guy wire for a power pole? They replaced 2 poles on my street this week. On one pole, they placed the guy wire perpendicular to the street, on the other it's...
17
17

Waterproofing masonry wall & concrete floor swimming pond
I have a rectangular swimming hole, 8'x15'x4'4" which is an extension to my pond twice as big. I like to water proof it without using a liner. It is in ground with grouted masonry walls and concrete...
2
2

How do we "fix" exterior trim to install storm door?
Pictures or better explanation of the blockage. I'm picturing the door using = and H, the frame with - and |: ======== ----- H | H | H ----- H | | If I was going to adjust something it would be the...
1
1

My chimney sounds like a machine gun, burp gun, for a few seconds
Constantly, with just a little wind, my chimney makes burping sounds. Maybe for ten seconds. It has the little spin thingey on top. It's just for the fireplace (which I never use) so it's not a big...
30
30

No more mouse poison
Was taking the trash out this morning and happened to look down and find a pile of mouse poison pellets laying in the middle of my driveway where any bird or idiot kid could eat them. For the past few...
6
6

Weed eater PE550 edger
I have a model PE550 Weed eater and would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to distinguish between the Type 1 and the Type 2 versions so that I can order some parts for it. TIA. Lewis *****

Need advice on how to 'repair' a kinked 75' plumbing snake (just busted)
Two questions I'd love advice on: Q1: What am I doing wrong that my plumbing snake kinks all the time? Q2: How can I repair the one I just broke in half today? Here's a picture of some of the 75' of...
21
21

If you iron men's dress shirts - please answer me this ('cuz I'm confused)
:) PS: I'm old school ... but the 'new school' ironing boards befuddle me as to how one can iron WITHOUT one end of a two-ended board!
20
20

trying to remove 2" blinds from end clips
Can some refresh my memory how I remove the blinds from the window? I did it in another house a few years ago but now I'm stuck in this house. It appears to have clips on the ends flush with the...
11
11

160 pound spring for a 1/2 inch gap?
I want to put a spring under the heel of my inline skate. But there is only a 1/2 inch clearance, and it needs to be a heavy-duty spring. Should I consider using a spring steel flat bar or similar,...
12
12

Man caves are so last decade...
The newest thing is MAN ISLANDS (no girls allowed) " Designed to be the ultimate destination for mates' trips away, XXXX Island [after XXXX Gold beer] will offer people the chance to experience the...
2
2

Slide In Range Or Separate Cooktop and Oven
Hi, We could use advice from someone who has already made a choice between a range and separate cooktop and oven. We were going to have a separate cooktop and under the counter oven installed in an...
14
14

GE Ice-maker?
I just obtained a GE refrigerator with an ice-maker which I'm probably not going to use. Do I need to disable it in some manner? Thanks!
16
16