Subject Author Posted Replies

Re-Roof with Tear Off - How Much Mess Inside Attic?
If the dust is minimal, I might consider covering everything with cheap drop cloths and then carefully folding them up afterwards. However, if there is going to be a lot of dust, I'd just as soon...
18
18

Complete House Collapses (after roof falls in)
[...] Burn it.
18
18

Need Digital Line Voltage Thermostat for 120V, 1350W.
A couple of the Honeywells are rated at 10 and 10.4 A for 120v, but I don't think this is quite enough. Any thermostat that you feel would be safe? Cadet used to make a 120v only model with a high amp...
11
11

OT -- German language message, Texas style
*SPEAKING GERMAN IN TEXAS** * In Texas there is a town called New Braunfels , where there is a large German-speaking population. One day, a local rancher driving down a country road noticed a man...
8
8

Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb?
Q: How many internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1,392: 1 to change the light bulb and to post to the mail list that the light bulb has been changed... 14 to share...
10
10

OT Short of news in the UK
Yes. Twenty nine of our 50 states (plus DC) have "Stand Your Ground" laws. These laws say you do not have to retreat before using lethal force - assuming further that you have the right to use lethal...
191
191

Solar Plant -- "biggest in the nation".
Oren wrote in news: And perhaps this is the way to go. A sufficient number of people wanted to hear Obama to clog the roads with their SUVs ...
2
2

Pressure Washers - More
Hadn't thought about what pressure, cleaning solution, etc. until I saw the recent post on pressure washers; so what's a good pressure for a concrete drive and patio. I'd like to blast the grass and...
2
2

Limestone steps cleaning
I just had my steps done in front of my home with limestone and brick. Nice job done...BUT, naive about water stains on limestone. I washed the steps down with a hose to get rid of all the remaining...
1
1

Pressure washers
Wanting to get a pressure washer for cleaning off the driveway and siding. Wonder if those electic ones will get it done or should a throw in a couple more hundred and go gas? Was looking at a gas one...
5
5

OT - Job seekers getting asked for Facebook passwords
biggie. I don't HAVE a facebook page! At the other extreme are those whose sense of self-worth is determined by how many "friends" they have. Pitiful.
32
32

Supreme Court rules 9-0 against EPA over wetlands
SC ruled that property owners have the right to contest the EPA's ruling that their property falls under the Clean Water Act. They now get to have their day in court. That's all this ruling gave them.
27
27

What's up with Canada and horizontal electric panels?
Watching Holmes do his thing on TV, I've noticed that most of the electric service panels are installed horizontally instead of vertically. Must be some Canada thing? What's up with that? It looks...
48
48

Salt as Root Control in Toilet?
I asked my plumber, who was here a few days ago clearing roots from my plumbing (main line between house and street), what the best root control product was -- meaning that stuff you flush down the...
30
30

Spy TV?
Article here talks about Samsung's high end TVs. They have built in cameras and microphones. The author has quite a few privacy concerns.
9
9