Subject Author Posted Replies

Damp hardwood floor question/advice?
I'm working on a house for resale. After removing the entryway carpet I found hardwood floors in pretty good skape. However, the are two strips where the seams and butt joint are damp to the touch and...
2
2

GE Extended Service Plan
Just got an offer from GE to "protect" my Dryer for $91.96 for one year. Also included in the envelope was an "Appliance Package Offer" that would cover 4 major appliances for one year for $389 (plus...
7
7

Where to get high quality external stove top vent cover?
Ok, that's two forms. one totally passive using a cantilevered weight. The other, uses a gravity wedge that absolutely does not allow the flap to open unless/until a solenoid is powered to lift the...
7
7

Fire Department poles they use to remove boards
When the fire departments are putting out fires they have long poles with a hook on the end to grab and remove boards. In the process of demolishing an old house, I could use one of them. I suspect...
16
16

Interior door repair
I've attached links to photos. Sorry for the long links. This is an interior hollow panel door with a good crack. Is it possible to patch and paint this and so it looks almost as if there was no...
4
4

Garage Door Opener Question
Hello, What a great Newsgroup. I have the typical electric garage door opener; probably about 10 yrs old or so. No idea what brand. It works perfectly using either of our remotes (from the cars) But,...
14
14

How to Afford Gasoline in 2012
If you're having trouble paying the cost of gasoline in 2012, there is a workable solution. As you're aware, the government and others keep telling you that you need to tune up your car, make sure...
34
34

alternative to replacing big and tall posts
i have 6 damaged posts, each post is 6x6 and at least 20 feet high. the bottom of the posts is where the rotting has occured due to termite as well as contact with cement. the best way is to replace...

Killer Cat-Sized Rats Invade Florida
There is NO effort, only dept of wildlife/game control-freaks waving their hands while loudly decrying the problem. There would be NO problem if the state put a bounty on the damn vermin and allowed...
33
33

Bamboo (from another list)
Saw this, in an old message. And figured it would be of interest, here. Doesn't give much hope. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . ==================================== Had an uncle (now...

Checking my oven thermostat
where your food will be-- and see how much variation there is as you move it around. What's the difference? Hopefully your mercury thermometer and dmm thermometer will give you the same numbers. If...
11
11

How can I stop my neighbor's bamboo from getting into my yard????
Hello, The neighbor up the hill decided to plant some bamboo to cover the steep hill behind his house. It has quickly come down the hill over the years and it dangerously close to my yard. What can I...
11
11

2 cycle compression ......
I have a 21cc hedge trimmer. A Craftsman. It hasn't run for a while, but the guy swore it was running when put up. I put new gas in it, and checked the obvious. It needed a new on/off switch. It has...
26
26

OT -- Ticks and lime
I live in an area where ticks are supposed to be really bad this summer, and with Lyme disease also here, it's a concern. I heard that spreading lime on the yard will suppress the tick populations...

Best way to recover $$$ from old but working Lennox central a/c
I am planning on replacing a 22 year old Lennox 3.5 ton central air system with a new Lennox system. All components are being replaced, outdoor unit, furnace evaporator coil, line set, etc. The unit...
4
4