Subject Author Posted Replies

A very funny April Fools joke
Sorry but I don't see the big laugh. My wife had someone pull a similar thing but it wasn't meant as a joke saying they were sick and then for whatever reason, showed up around normal time. My wife...
2
2

What's the largest Main Breaker available?
3000A maybe http://www.electriccontrol.com/westinghouse.cfm
21
21

Abbrev, astd
TLA's and other Confusing Terms. What is a TLA? Three letter acronym. Think IBM, ATT, NBI... ( actually NBI does not stand for anything anymore, but it used to .. ) Please contact me with any others...
2
2

Pay It Forward
This was a bit exceptional. I've done some like this, on odd occasions. Christopher A. Young See me on the web ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Miller" Newsgroups: Sent: Saturday, October 08,...
38
38

Where are the INLETS?
All homes have OUTLETS. How come none of them have INLETS?
6
6

Best Infrared Heater
Goodday Friends, I am Owen, I am an entrepreneur who has a factory with a staff strength of too big as you may see it, but we make ends meet with it.You might have checked my blog or still in the...

Alternative to MacMaster-Carr?
They are pissing me off. Their website has some idiotic built-in protection against people who click too fast. I've never seen that anti-customer programming on any other online store's website, and I...
100
100

Temperature in Room too High- Thermostat Issue?
I am back with a different themostat question. I am trying to figure out why sometimes the temperature at the thermostat (and thus in the house- single zone system) gets too high. I just got a new...
26
26

Pressure Regulator
I just ran new copper lines for a small sink, including a water heater. When I turned on the water a small amount came out of the faucet's cold tap, under pressure, then no more came. I took off the...
9
9

UHMW, 3/4 inch diameter stretch to 7/8 (22 mm) inch diameter?
How about using a heat gun? Will a short 1/4 inch piece of 3/4 inch inner diameter UHMW tubing stretch to nearly 7/8 inches? Thanks.
4
4

OT: In banning 'dinosaur' or 'dancing,' N.Y. schools fail the test
By Leonard Pitts Jr. Miami Herald No, seriously, you have been warned. This is your last chance. Turn back now. Still here? OK, fine. Don't say you weren't told. Here's one of the offensive words:...
1
1

What sort of outlet pressure can a sump-pump generate?
I've been looking around for a cheap pump that can I can use to move water around from various 55-gallon rain-water collection drums. I'd also like the pump to be able to develop some decent pressure...
26
26

Anyone else having problems with Duracell batteries? (2024 Update)
Last year I had a similar problem with a 60-pack of Rayovac AA batteries datd good till 2028 that I bought from the Home Depot. They corroded/leaked and trashed a $100 Apple wireless keyboard. And...
11
11

Refrigerator Efficiency (?)
The EnergyStar promoters state: Improved Refrigerators?Some of today?s ENERGY STAR qualified refrigerators use less electricity than a 60-watt incandescent light bulb run continuously. Does anybody...
19
19

Can I use tile adhesives grout?
Some time ago, I asked hdere how to remove damaged tiles from a shower stall. I finally found replacement tiles that sorta match. Following the directions from the tile company and on the can of...
21
21