Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Taxes My Proposed Taxes Fairness Bill of 2012
Someone from the Tea Party please take this and make it happen (Yeah it's useless to complain about death or taxes, thanks for letting me rant) Mark TAX FAIRNESS ACT of 2012 The tax fairness act...
157
157

cooker ignitor
One general tip I've found helpful. If you're not sure how an appliance comes apart you can often find blown up parts diagrams online at the parts shops. That may give you an idea of how to approach...
2
2

Squirrels slide off the bird feeder...
... when you dose the feeder with WD40. Plus a dozen more unusual uses for the stuff. From Reader's Digest (originally 27 Amazing Uses for WD40):
5
5

Just an old 2-basin kitchen sink ...
Just an old 2-basin kitchen sink. We ripped the old copper drainpipe out maybe 4 years ago, installed ~ 5' of pvc. Drain runs slow. Works, but obviously only 2/3 of capacity. I start with bakg soda...
6
6

Help identify a type of siding
I have a cabin that was built in the 1940's and re-sided in the 60's or 70's. The siding has an approx 8 inch coverage per sheet. It's a horizontal siding where each strip overlaps the one below it....
7
7

OT: What was best (most beautiful) Harley?
OK, this might be a good place to get opinions and resources. I need a good photo of a Harley for an art project. Side view, clear. I know there must be some Harley purists here :o) I have no idea...
11
11

OT 15 April Titanic.
I thought it was too big to sink. I always found it strange that there wasn't enough wood or other light-weight materials onboard that could have been scavanged to make ad-hoc rafts or other...
73
73

Paver patio question
We are having a paver patio installed in our back yard and have now gatjered all bids and designs. One contractor, who has a great design and a quality line of pavers, has NOT bid poly sand as the...
2
2

You Can Be Sure If It's Westinghouse
Fans Recalled by Westinghouse Lighting Due to Shock and Fire Hazards Hazard: The two 60-watt light bulbs included with the ceiling fans exceed the fan?s maximum wattage, which can cause the ceiling...
21
21

OT - Harry, are you going anyway...
I think they looked at Keith Richards who LOOKS like he has been dead 34 years and decided to chance it. (g).
6
6

Unstrippable Wood Finish - What is this?
I am refinishing wood kitchen cabinets, about 1950-ish. I started out with Citistrip and then changed to methylene semi-paste. I thought one bottle of Cit. was junk, as it would not soften the finish,...
7
7

Prices lowered for the economy?
I got a call today, and fellow wanted my prices. I quoted my usual price. I can tell over the phone, the "uh, I'll call you back" routine. The price that I used to get, before. Not making any sales....
18
18

Repairing a Olympia Carina 2 manual typewriter
Any shop in New York State that does it?
2
2

OT Who uses RSS?
Why don't you use a real usenet client program? Most any e-mail software is also a usenet client. As I've told this group ( many times - google gropes is a piss-poor way to experience usenet. Nothing...
16
16

What was the longest square nail sold in the 1800s?
For you old timers who were born in the 1800s..... What was the longest square nail sold in the 1800s? (Actually 1800's into 1910). Several websites show pictures and explain how they were originally...
3
3