Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Gardening for a Living?
I'm considering starting a greenhouse - just a small one for now - as a way to perhaps earn a living. Here where I live - in Eastern Canada, we have a very limited season for outdoor plants. But I'm...
11
11

Caught black snake in deer netting
Poor guy was nearly dead, bleeding from head and surrounded by insects - flies and yellow jackets. I untangled the black snake which was 5 feet long and would have scared my wife to death and released...
1
1

Hey Clark
Has Tim Allen or Jeff Foxworthy called yet ?
5
5

fixing a bent blade, how not to.
I tried I failed, it was springy I tried to bend it straight, it slipped, it flew at my knee, it hit my knee, it cut my knee through my jeans, it bruised my knee, it hurts, I'm limping. So I went out...
9
9

Tamerask Tree (sp?)
I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right, but does anyone know where I get get some seeds for this type of junk tree? Shane
1
1

Snapper Lawn Mower Oil Change
I just bought a used snapper with a B&S 6hp motor. I always do my own oil changes, but for the life of me I can't find the drain plug. How do I remove old oil? Tip it over?
10
10

Help me restore my lawn!
I recently purchased a house in Northern Colorado with a neglected lawn. This lawn has not received water all summer and currently has a large variety and volume of weeds. There are a few green spots,...
4
4

lawn feed and weed
hey all was wondering if anyone can advise me on a good weed and feed fo autum regards mat -- goober
14
14

Craftman loss of power Model 944.600811
Hi all, First post, really need some advice here. I have the 22hp, 46" cut electric start lawn tractor purchased in 2000, I'm the third owner. Was cutting the lawn with the catcher on, there was a lot...
7
7

Countax Gears
The gear lever on my Countax garden tractor has become disconnected an stuck in first. Does anyone know a quick and easy way to reconnect th gear lever -- Timfo

Yard-Man Belt for self-propelled mower
My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of service. =========== yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY 3L = 9.5 mm 31.25 Outside measurement. v belt BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY...
27
27

Soil from leaves
I cook my own mulch & soil from leaves I've use the older brew as topsoil for lawn areas. The base soil is called timber soil I just tested an area I topped and seeded last spring to determine what...
4
4

Id this for me
Was concerned about it spreading. Apparently, has no vine properties, or major rootage. Just want to know what it is now. Interspersed with St. Augustine in some locations near the house. Dave
12
12

Juniper Privacy Screen
Hi, We will be planting some 3 foot junipers as a privacy screen / windbreak. The spread for these trees is 8-15 ft. We do not want to wait until the trees mature for privacy. I am thinking that...
1
1

Burn, till, and reseed, or...?
Hi All, I've been lurking the past couple of weeks, and now I'm going to finally post and hopefully get some good suggestions from you all. I just purchased a house that was previously owned by a...
14
14