Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Planted today
Peas, onion sets, and radishes. Couldn't wait to get started. Got all 3 tillers running over the past couple days.
7
7

anyone using only sugar for the lawn?
I read about using only sugar for the lawn. Has anyone tried and successful? Any details are appreciated. thanks. swing2k
11
11

Maple sap run is over
We took down the buckets and hoses and pulled the spiels out today. Bottom line - we had our best run ever. Good syrup and lots of it.

Seeding Lawn - Perforated Plastic Sheet
Does anyone know where I can buy a roll of perforated plastic to ai seeding my lawn A few years ago I did my old house & someone at work had thi perforated plastic they had used Now Ive moved I need...

battery voltage
My battery at rest is showing 12.3vdc. Is it good or bad
3
3

Where find Jasco metal primer ?
Can anyone tell me where I can find the metal primer made by Jasco ? Their website claims it is sold by Lowe's, Ace Hardware, etc, but I cannot find it anywhere. Anyone know where to buy this product...
9
9

Open Landscape Reference Project
A few months back, I posted asking if anyone knew of a downloadable plant or horticulture database to use as a reference for a project I was completing. I got some great replies, so thanks for people...

iPhone Plant Reference
I have created a plant reference available on the iPhone. I was tired of losing my notepad when scouting plants, and then if I did get my plant lists back home, I'd have to transfer them into a...

lawn mower starts, won't stay running
hi I have a Tecumseh TVS90 lawn mower. It starts fine but now shuts off immediately. I took the gas tank off and cleaned it out - wasn't much debris in it and the screen was clear. Tried to check the...
4
4

Garden Mulch
hey anyone have any recomendations on what to use as a vegetable garden mulch? I need something to reduce my use of water this season and something that wont cause mold to grow I have a pretty decent...
2
2

Garbage bag
Why does a full garbage bag always fall the opposite way you want it to lean. It's not like it's a 50/50 thing, it's 100% of the time. Don't matter what's in it, garbage, cans etc.
5
5

Mosquito Trap
think this thing might work?...

Using starter fluid
I've got an old leaf blower with a fair amount of use on it. It always started easily until recently, but now will not start without a squirt of starter fluid. Without the fluid, no amount of pulling...
12
12

question about lawnmower blade noise
Hi, I have a sears self propelled walkbehind mower. I've hit bricks, sticks, etc, and it works fine. However I hit a large stick the other day, and when I push down on the handles to raise the front...
10
10

house plant
I need someone to help me out on house plant,I have 3yrold in the house but I need some plant in my new house. What could you just to me. thk you