Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

I am the Worst Tractor Driver
I have an Ariens Zero Turn Tractor Mower, I had it for a year now. Every time when I take sharp turn, I peal-off the grass with my rear tires.....My lawn has now many bald spots which I have made in...
3
3

Auction report
Rain stopped just in time - weather was just right. Lots of people spending lots of bucks. One John Deere riding mower was fairly new - as was an Agway 4 wheel turning lawn tractor. Three older JD...
2
2

Bilko got me thinking
Ya know you got me thinking, (A rare feat indeed)!!! I water the lawn with the hose as we have town water, and that fancy indoor plumbing too... I have a 1 3/4 hp pool pump AND a sump pump I used to...
4
4

mole
caught mole this morning. count 170 . lucas ---------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.minibite.com/america/malone.htm

More planting today
got the rest of the onions in - and the blueberries, and the blackberries. Still have rasberries and corn to go. Watered the transplanted honey suckle and lilacs. Gotta get the pump going from the...

Auction Saturday
Our club holds it's annual auction this Saturday the 10th. About 10 acres of equipment arranged in lines with 2 auctioneers on tractor w wagons moving up and down the lines simultaineously. From 8 AM...
2
2

battery tester question for mower batteries
The resistance type tester we can buy around $15 or so-----they tend to be 100amp or 50amp. Is this the load each resistance puts across them??? Assuming it is---any real problem with using a 50 amp...
1
1

Horsetail...help needed
Hi all - I have read lots of posts on this site about horsetail an marestail and the difficulties with getting rid of it. My neighbour ha a very unkempt garden full of the stuff and this year my...

Radish and scallions
just had my first radish - and the scallions are ready also. But the peas are growing very slow.

roybi or mtd parts
I need some parts for my string trimmer made by roybi string trimmer, seems that all the home store types sell it but no one services it. Wal Mart sells it but they don't service it or know who does....
3
3

What a day
On a day this fine, I'll spent some time in the garden with my cucumbers. ** Posted from ** http://www.teranews.com

Crab Grass - Too Late?
Is it too late to lay down a pre-emergent? I've been so tied up with work and other stuff that I haven't had a chance up to now, but I'm guessing I should save my money and just live with it this year...
6
6

Broil King Signet 90 grill - Beware
http://tinyurl.com/5gt8yl http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/home-garden/lawn-garden/outdoor-living/gas-grills/grills/gas-grills/broil-king-signet-90-not-acceptable/gas-grills-not-acceptable.htmor:

Can you also use an over-seeder to fertilize?
I'm renting a Bluebird S22 Seeder. Can I use it to not only seed (over-seed), but also to fertilize?
2
2

Mowed with the big Wheelhorse
Got the 520H running for the first time this spring and couldn't resist mowing a small patch. Wet soggy stuff thrown out - or as my neighbor (the pro lawn maintenance guy) calls it - "snot".