Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Foreclosures lead to higher lawn mowing bill
MANASSAS, Va. (AP) - Prince William County officials say they expect to spend more time and money than anticipated this year mowing the lawns of foreclosed homes. Officials are preparing to mow 2,700...
1
1

need help
My tire went flat on my mower sears rider older model and after I fixed the tire mower starts great runs good but transmission will not work at all now any suggestions on where to looks and fix what...
1
1

Advice for Neighbor's Tree Ruining Our Lives
Does anyone know what we can do about our neighbor's huge 80-foot tall tree directly next to the property line; at least half of the tree hangs on our side. We are in a high wind area, frequently in...
13
13

Push Lawnmower Repair Question??? HELP!!!
Hello everyone, I am new to the group, and hoping that somebody can help me out ASAP??? I have a 2 year old Sears Craftsman 3-in-1 ( side discharge/mulching/bagging ) push lawnmower. Last summer I...
16
16

Bilko snip from Ride on problem
ride on problem post: If you know what you're doing you can get the best bargains ever at Home Depot and Lowes. I bought 2 slightly damaged landscape trailers for the price of one - fixed one in the...
1
1

Better Bitters
I have a 6 month puppy, the size of a German Sheppard, and she likes to eat my plants on my patio. She got loose yesterday and took out two strawberry plants and one tomato plant. All my plants are in...

Lawnmower purchase advice
Hi, I recently moved house from a place with a fairly small square of fla lawn to one with about twice the flat area and - more problematically some very steep grassed banks between the flat spaces,...
1
1

lawn aerator question
Like most everyone, my lawn has risen, or gained heighth over the years. Rather than strip the grass and lower, it seems to me that I could aerate/plug my lawn every year, and pick up the plugs, and...
1
1

Wiring for new replacement riding tractor engine?
Hi, I got a uses replacement engine for my Craftsman rider, It is the same except for 2HP less. Can someone tell me what the wiring that goes into the engine does in these tractors? I get the starter...
2
2

Roses and "snowball" plants
Pardon my ignorance on this subject but I have almost no knowledge about plants and flowers. I moved into a house a couple of years ago with a nice rosebush in the backyard. I didn't have a problem...
4
4

Ride-on problem
I just bought a new John Deere Ride on mower (24 hp) and I can't get it started. I attached the battery cables (light turns on okay), checked the charge (greater than 80%), pushed in the rod at the...
25
25

How are you getting at your lawn tractor blade?
If I raise the deck I can just barely get under there to sharpen the blade with a file. I can tip it on it's side but that hardly seems good for the mower. I've been thinking of building some kind of...
14
14

Opera show
Did you see it today? I have never seen so many people full of shit in one place in my life.
3
3

Poulan Pro Model 135 (Gas Edger)
I inherited this edger and cannot get it to start, even with a new plug. I can't find any (I mean ANY) information on this model on the web - unless I am blind. Anyone have one? Anyone know a parts...
18
18

What was that noise ?
I remember seeing about a 10" stick someplace where I intended to mow and I thought "I better pick that up and get it out of the way" - but I forgot. Today I mowed with the big Wheelhorse and a 48"...
3
3