Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Inherited Mower - Help
Hi there, I have inherited a very well maintained Ransome Marquis Mar 4A petrol mower. I can't seem to find anything about this model online and I really nee to know what petrol I can use in it - I...
3
3

Memorial Day reason
not just to cook out. My oldest son spent 6 years in the U.S. Navy where he got his start in computers that lead to a successful business. My oldest brother was carreer U.S. Coast Guard. My favorite...
2
2

bulb/seed website
What is everyones opinions of the best company/website to buy bulbs/seeds from and why? Thanks for the help.

Ace Hardware ad
Your "20 gal. rope handle tubs" in current circular. The circular lists them as 20 gallons - on the tubs it says 19 gallons - my receipt shows 18 gals - and I measured it as 16 gallons. What say you ?...
4
4

Poppy Growing Guide
2
2

looking for term in valve
Need to know what the general term is for what I call a "hydro-valve". The are sprinkler system components which water pressure drives and runs. The valve goes in continuous circles of circuits when...

Elecric mowers: Anyone have advice?
Thinking of buying a corded electric mower. Advice?
3
3

Where can I find mowers that can mow taller?
I'm looking to buy a self-propelled mulcher mower that can be set to cut the grass much higher than regular mowers, like maybe 4-5" tall? Who makes something decent in that?
9
9

Looking for classic hand weed sprayer
When I was young, my Father used a lawn sprayer that consisted of a translucent green tube (about the size of those tubes you put in your golf bag to organize clubs) with a sprayer mounted on the...

Bahaya Grass
How do I get rid of this grass . It's taking over my yar -- Texas Heat

Narrow grass in lawn.
It seems my lawn is just narrow grass with the leaves not being much more than 1/16" wide (1.5mm). It looks good when observed from street level, but when standing above it, it is very sparse and the...
2
2

Chickens
have been on my mind. I've raised a variety of them over the years. As a kid the first chicken coop I recall was about 8' by 8' and tall enough to walk into. It had several inches of wood chips...
1
1

Tick and Insect Barrier for Lawn
Last week I saw a tick hanging to my cloth, after doing some work in the garden at my back yard. Today I found one climbing the foundation wall. First I suspect that my pet got it, but a close look at...
3
3

lawn drainage
i have a fenced square relatively flat lawn that is south facing, i gets the sun most of the day, however i have found that the lawn doesn drain very well at all and even in the summer is quite damp...
5
5

Check manufacturers sites
I needed a set of blades for a JD mower deck and when I checked online I found my local dealer didn't have them in stock. The next day I thought I would check out-of-town dealers since I was heading...