Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hardy garden plants when pet about!
Hi there I am new to the forum and have an interest in gardening for 2 years. Looking advice on which plants are hardy when you have a pet dog around. I keep losing any lavender plants which is...

Post-emergent weeds
Anyone have advice about how to get rid of post-emergent weeds? I've been using MSMA, but it's not workinig well. It may not be hot enough outside yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Buying Fruit Trees from Lowes
It was a beautiful spring day here yesterday. I noticed some blooms on my lone apple tree (I'd lost the other two to deer.) I thought about buying another one or two as pollinators. My wife was out...

Riding Mower Battery Life
I have a TroyBilt (MTD made) riding mower and the battery is dead after only 4 summers. I figured I used it no more than once a week for no more than 25 weeks a year. If I start engine twice each time...
18
18

dandylions
every year i put a borad leaf herbicice down to kill the dndylons, every year they come back.. How do I get rid of them for good?
2
2

moss
I have moss lots of it, but the front yard is the part I'm concerned about, it's like shag carpet! anything I should do besides lime the crap out of it? I know drainage is a cause too but I think it...
9
9

Growing veggies from seed for the first time
I have several types of heirloom tomato seeds as well as some peas, onions, spinach, etc. I haven't done too well with store bought plants in the past, I think because the soil is pretty clayish....
8
8

what's up strangers?
So what's up folks ?? I see Eggs is still here and Will, are we still talking about covering our tree roots and ten inch pine sticks killing our Sears lawn tractors or what? Spring is in the air!!...
2
2

raised beds
Now that spring is here I would like to build some raised beds for flowers amd veggies. I tried it before with landscape timbers but they soon rotted away. What is the best material for building the...
4
4

Rust Spots on Leaves?
I have a flowering ornamental tree in my front yard, and over the past couple of years it's developed yellow and rust colored spots during the warm season, (I live in Greater Boston). I looked it up...
4
4

Dollar weed
Any way to get rid of this stuff? It's taking over my back yard. I know it loves over-watering , but I haven't even started watering yet. We haven't had much sunshine either (NW Florida). Maybe...
6
6

How do I get rid of these pests
Just bought this house last fall and have tons of things to do in the yard. First I'm not sure what this weed is but it's popping up in all the beds. this ivy is a mess. Any idea how I'll be able to...
6
6

when and what to use
I`m hoping for some straight answers. I`ve had all kinds answers from all kinds of people. Now that spring is approaching what should I use on my lawn to get pretty green grass this summer? Should I...
1
1

Scotts Weed N Feed / Garden
Will it matter if I accidentally got some Scotts Weed N Feed into my garden soil? I wasn't even thinking when I did it.
3
3

fertilizer question for vegetables
I am a pharmacist and have a bottle of potassium nitrate. I figure I can just work it into the soil when I prepare my garden as fertilizer?? Or should I sprinkle it on the ground after the plants are...
1
1