Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chipmunks
Hi all, I seem to be having a excessive amount of chipmunks around my house. I started catching them in my have a heart trap and letting them go about 1 1/2 miles away from my house in a nice wooded...
12
12

How To Fix/Repair Rock Salt Burned Yellow Lawn!?
Hello All, This question I am asking is not a problem that I have, but a problem that I am trying to help someone with. I have an eldery 85 year old neighbor, that I am trying to help out. Here is the...
5
5

Grass or rather Clover
Clover is taking over everyone's lawns this year, around here. It's been mowed from 3 to 3 1/2inches. When it gets dry it's mowed about 4 inches. I noticed a neighbor has his lawn field mowed around 5...
1
1

Grass eating caterpillar
Hi, please can someone help, my lawn is being eaten by a caterpillar. I dont want to destroy it until I know what it is. If I know its not going to destroy everything then I will leave it, but if it...
1
1

Johnson Grass
Does anyone know what to use to kill Johnson Grass (a noxious weed) in my lawn? Thanks. Kate
6
6

Sunflower Help
Thanks for reading all... but after 3 days of rain i have managed to ge a fork in the lawn, so i think a regular good soaking is whats neede
1
1

Can seeds be used next year?
I have some left over heirloom tomato seeds as well as a few assorted vegetables. Can these be used next spring? Even the minimum order of seeds is far more than I can plant in my little yard.
6
6

discharge valve
I want to put something on my sprinkler pump on top, going from output to the control valves. If it ever pumps into a "shut off" valve, it could damage the pump. Does anyone know of something...
1
1

Want to give hibiscus a good start in central Fla
Once upon a time had some red-bloomed Hibiscus that I planted in front of a window that were very hardy for a number of years. Green, lots of blooms, bounced back annually from freezes after trimming...

Turf Advice
Hi, I bought this turf from B'nQ and put it down about a month ago. larg sections of it went brown but a fair bit of it took and looks prett healthy. I wondered if there were any products / advice...
1
1

Vegetables In Compost Bin - Edible??
Hi all, The other day when I went to my compost bin to throw away some banana peels and egg shells, I noticed a bunch of green plants ( about 8 or 9 ), growing out of the top of my compost bin, so I...
4
4

Organic Turf / Pesticide Free Turf
Hello All, Is there such a thing as Organic / Pesticide-Free turf? (grass/lawn/etc) We'd like a lawn that children can play on without any risk o pesticides and we'd also like to contribute to a more...
5
5

Can you please help me id these plants (0/1)
Can yo please help me id tese plants
1
1

Please help Identify plants (0/1)
Can any one help me identify there plants. I live in vancouver canada and I want to ad these to my front garden thank you peter

Broken Toro height adjustment spring/lever
I have a Toro super recycler self propelled mower and the right rear lever/spring that adjusts the height is broken. I took off the wheel & drive gear down to the silver grease fitting/bearing. I need...
1
1