Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Unsatisfied with your Lawn Mowing company?
I care for my own lawn, but I thought I'd talk about my next door neighbor's lawn in this post. My next door neighbor has nothing in his *BACK* yard but crabgrass and henbit. Virtually all the zoysia...
5
5

Vintage Lawn Mower
Hello If you know about antique UK manufactured lawnmowers perhaps you could advise on the following ? I have an 1920's Atco Standard 16" 9 blade lawnmower which is in need of full renovation, and a...

Calcium
Hi all - I'm in NW Florida, and I've been fighting crabgrass & Virginia buttonweed since Hurricane Ivan blessed us a while back. Most of the weeds are around the edge of my yard, at the concrete. I...
4
4

green thumb
Morning All. I have had a problem with Green Thumb (west notts) and am wondering if I am alone. We have used their services for 18 months. All was well until they applied their "Spring" dressing this...

Where to buy garden turf?
Hello I'm new to the forum - I run a Turf company based in Norfolk but also online. I just wanted to conduct some market research as to where you prefer to get your lawn and turf from for any...
2
2

Problem where path was laid
Hi, I wondered if anyone would be able to offer me any advice please. I laid a new lawn last October and it has been doing very well, the only problem is at the side of the lawn there was a path about...

Lawn gone
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and by no means a gardener, but I could use some advice please. A few years back we re modelled the garden by putting in some decking, added around a ton of topsoil to...
7
7

how to complete wasteland transformation
hi all am new here so please forgive any faux pas/rubbishness/ignorance i'm not a gardener by any means but have managed to transform my lawn from a wilderness to something approaching semi...
2
2

Ski and Snowboard Courses
With over 1600 qualified instructors already trained and qualified, Basecamp has been carving fresh tracks and drawing new lines for everyone else to follow for over 10 years.

Some Numerical Converters You May Find Useful
I've posted a bunch of numerical converters such as lengths, weighs, areas, volumes (& liquid measures), even Roman numerals that you might find useful in HVAC, home repair, and so on. They're at Have...
1
1

Qualcast Classic 35s - Throttle Issue
Hi All, I purchased a Classic 35s cheaply ( i already own one) as it was a non-runner needing a Spark Plug & Service !-- Reality is I have had to totally gut the Carb, Fuel Inlet Valve with the Head...
2
2

What happened to AHLG?
No posts and now can't get the old ones on earthlink.
3
3

Lawn issues
Hi, Bit a of a newbie gardener. I laid a lawn in july, it looked great when first down and the strips seemed to knit together pretty quickly. I was giving it plenty of water a left it several weeks...
4
4

Soil testing
Here in the Peoples Republic, they charge and arm and laig for testing = soil at the County Extension. If anybody nose where us pore saps in = Calif can send a sample for testing for pocket change, I...
5
5

planting on a bank
I need help about what to do on my steep bank. It is 50 ft long, 25 ft high and about a 22 degree slope.. Right now it is covered with weeds and grass and is a real pain to mow. I was thinking of...
6
6