Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hayter Harrier 56 starting problem
My Hayter Harrier which is practically new does not start. If I give it a shot of starting fluid it starts then dies. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.
2
2

Lawn striper
Hi Does anyone know where one can buy a Lawn Striper kit in the UK for attachment to a mower? Many thanks David
2
2

Herbicide
Anyone have a link to a site that shows what herbicide to use on what weed? I can often ID the weed/vine/bush but I need to know what to use to kill/control it. The simple broad leaf ones are easy,...

What is this in my lawn?
Hi all, first post, very limited gardener, based in the UK, and looking for a little help. I had a new lawn laid from turf about 18 months ago, and lovely it was too. My neighbours had a slightly...
2
2

Planting Grass Seeds
Hi all, I am new to the forum so I'll introduce myself - I'm Scott. For the past couple of years I have been having problems with my grass as it is bare and patchy in certain sections. I have read...
15
15

Trying to ID lawn weed
Trying to ID this lawn weed | leaves like hopps. I believe they have blue flowers. Checked & have other lawn weed photo gallery sites ? Thanks EdPaolo / New Jersey
2
2

String Trimmers
I've used a Black & Decker Model GH400 Type 3 single-line unit for many = years and liked it a lot. Automatic line feed - cuts great and no = effort. It needs $20+ worth of parts replaced, so I...
2
2

Please Help - Laying Turf
I have just moved it to house and people who lived there before have destroyed the back garden,it looks like they have just throw a load of concrete on the ground,could some one tell me hpw i would go...
3
3

Electric Mowers
Self propelled electric mowers seem like the obvious way to go, IF they have the published longevity to complete a mowing, etc. The published specs are just within limits of my new house, etc....
5
5

Riding Lawn Mower has no power moving forward in higher gears.. weird, BUT could it be that...
My mower is four seasons old. A Poulan 17.5 HP, 42, " 6 speed, model PO 17542LT Last year I began to notice that the mower would delay taking off in the higher gears. I had to start in the lower gears...
1
1

Gas found mixed with oil in my Troy-bilt lawn tractor
I started my Troy-bilt (super bronco) the other day. I almost immediately started running rough and smoking profusely. I shut it down and remembered the last time this happened. Sure enough I checked...
11
11

Fertiliser stripes!
Hi all! My lawn seemed to have developed a lot of moss over the winter so about 4 weeks ago i applied evergreen complete 4 in 1 weed feed and moss killer. I did it using the hand dispenser but I think...

Seed For Shady Areas Of Lawn (UK) ?
Hi, Can anyone recommend a lawn seed suitable for the shaded areas of my lawn? There is an area of lawn that does not get much sun at all and is prone to growing moss. I have applied a spring...

Woodhouse - Learning more about timber framing
Please take a moment to "like" us on Facebook! beautiful photos ... learn more about timber framing ... meet our team of builders and more ... Woodhouse=AE The Timber Frame Company has built nearly...

ATCO Balmoral
I've just purchased a second hand Acto Balmoral 20" that won't run off choke, fuel starvation seems to be the issue. It is 1999 model that were built by BOCSH during that period and fitted with a crap...