Weak blower?

Just wondering if my furnace blower is not pushing the air even after its been cleaned.. Am i going to need to replace it with the same speed or can i put a higher power motor on it to push something extra? I was thinking that the faster motor might cool the coils down to much?

Reply to
coocoobird

Have there been any quantitative measurements taken to verify your suspicions before you try to redesign your furnace?? What method(s) were used to measure the actual airflow?? What was the system design airflow?? What was the actual measured airflow??

Reply to
Noon-Air

after

CY: I'm not there to check. Have you changed the air filter? Are the registers open? What's the heat rise?

Am i going to need to replace it with the same speed

extra? CY: The fact that it's blowing at all is a good sign. Check the rest of the system before replacing any parts.

I was

much?

CY: Are you doing AC, heat pump, or fuel heat? What's the make and model of the furnace? Short answer is that we don't have enough information.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

lot of deleted posts, is cat boi being tough geek again, maybe someone will take his lunch money again

Reply to
shaun

The OP could write a complete f****ng wiki article and then YOU still wouldn't have enough information.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

I think you can pick up a 5hp multi-speed blower kinda cheap. That outta move all the air you need. Shouldnt have to adjust a thing. Then a new thermostat and you are all set. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Yeah, I get tired of reading Milligan's posts, too.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Your manners need work.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Bubba posted for all of us...

Shouldn't he touch up the wiring too?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Go shove it up your ass, you f****ng mormon.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

The one thing that the entire group could agree with... :)

Reply to
Joseph