OUCH! 102°F In Birmingham Right Now

I was on a roof in Tupelo yesterday and a fellow told me it was

104-105°F in that city. I drank a gallon of Gatorade during that service call. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Had 2 calls in unventilated attics yesterday.. one was a coil replacement, the other was a blower motor. It was 100F outside, no tellin what it was in those attics.

Reply to
Steve

Back in 1980 I did some work in an attic for an architect when it was

105°F outside, the way the heat in that attic felt was more memorable than the heat of any sauna I've ever been in. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You can schedule your next potty break, in a couple days?

Ship your undies to Colorado, they can use them for beating out forest fires.

.

104-105°F in that city. I drank a gallon of Gatorade during that service call. o_O

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You may be better off, not knowing?

Did you have your hired hands rope up bagged ice, for you to put under your shirt?

.

Had 2 calls in unventilated attics yesterday.. one was a coil replacement, the other was a blower motor. It was 100F outside, no tellin what it was in those attics.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This photo taken near you?

TinyURL was created! The following URL:

has a length of 112 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:
.

104-105°F in that city. I drank a gallon of Gatorade during that service call. o_O

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's 9:00pm here and 95°F, it may be 104°F or higher tomorrow. I wasn't able to work today due to my recovery needs but I've got to try to get some work done in the morning. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

With this heat, I've also been a lot less capable than usual. So, it's to be expected that everyone is running a bit slow. Take care of yourself, no one else will take care of you. At least, that's what I find.

.

It's 9:00pm here and 95°F, it may be 104°F or higher tomorrow. I wasn't able to work today due to my recovery needs but I've got to try to get some work done in the morning. o_O

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I wonder how the guys in Phoenix and Tucson are faring?

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

We were able to avoid the attic today in an assisted living center and didn't have to climb in there to make an Ethernet connection for a new computer. We were able to steal two pair off a phone cable and get a good high speed connection. It's 8:00pm here in Birmingham and still

93°F and it acts like it wants to rain here like it did in Huntsville while we were working today. It rained sideways and dropped hail the size of marbles. I can imagine how those guys out West are fairing because back in '87 I was working out in the Marshall Islands inside a gutted section of building that was to become mission control for the SDI missile test range. There was no air circulation and it was the first time I wound up in the hospital with kidney stones. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

This is Hot:

Congoleum Breckenridge

Many go into work at 10 pm and leave at 6 am. Others work on ice machines in supermarkets. The entire country is in heat. Not many places one can go to get away from it. When I entered the apprenticeship there were about 100,000 techs short nationwide. Here it is 40 + years later and I suspect the numbers are higher than that.

Reply to
john

Kidney Stones? Did you drink a lot of tea?

Reply to
john

Not necessarily, I was on a coral island and the fresh water came from lens-wells which often imparts high calcium levels in the potable water. I started drinking bottled water before obtaining a Sears water distillation unit and had no further kidney stone problems. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Some more info:

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Way up north in NYS, it was in the nineties, yesterday (July 06, 2012). I drank amazing ammounts of water, and still came home sore and dehydrated. Much of my work was outdoors in the hazy sun, I'm sure I will be feeling some sun burn.

The entire country is "in heat"? Does that mean that we're all running around trying to find persons of the other gender to make whoopie?

With the Obama economy "it's all Bush's fault" maybe there are enough techs for the jobs, now?

.

Many go into work at 10 pm and leave at 6 am. Others work on ice machines in supermarkets. The entire country is in heat. Not many places one can go to get away from it. When I entered the apprenticeship there were about 100,000 techs short nationwide. Here it is 40 + years later and I suspect the numbers are higher than that.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

She said it is to hot or having headache, it doesn't matter the answer is same "NO"

Reply to
Grumpy

I hear you. All works out the same. Until the Ac is fixed, and the heat wave lets up a bit.

.

She said it is to hot or having headache, it doesn't matter the answer is same "NO"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That answers it. High calcium levels is not good. I lived in an area with Radioactive water. Deep wells around uranium deposits brought water up with alpha emitters. Caused a problem with the supply as well as with the waste treatment plant which dumped treated water into a reservoir.

Too bad. I'ved in 8 states and only one place had pure, clean water out of the tap and that was on the peninsula in Washington state. The worst was Pennsylvania. I had a house built and on the walk through the builder told me then that I needed a treatment system, not a softener. Cost of the system was over $3000 in 1970. When he showed me the water out of the tap it was slightly yellow. He said that 1/3 of the water supply is artesian well water. 1/3 is Delaware river and the last third is water from the sewage treatment plant, the reason for the yellow. Of course he told me it was all legal and approved. We wouldn't drink it. Water in Arizona has sand in it. I had sand on the shower floor. John

Reply to
john

I'm very blessed to have good tap water. If I freeze it, and thaw, there is some white precipitate, gives it a snow dome effect.

One friend (South Carolina) has crap from the faucet, and lives by his Big Berkey table top water filter. Another friend from Colorado can taste the forest fire in his tap water.

Have you tried a Big Berkey?

.