Fuel/oil price gouging and collusion

Folks, if we as HVAC contractors did the same stuff that the oil cartels and oil companies are doing, we would *all* be in jail. The oil companies tried doing the same thing in the early 70's. It got to a point where all the professional drivers parked their trucks for a week, and it got the country's attention. I personally feel like history is about to repeat itself. Keep in mind that the full effect is not felt very much at all by the folks in the big cities, but for those of us in rural communities, there is a major impact. Maybe....just maybe.... if the right words reach the right people, something will be done about the price of oil and fuels. I have been sending the following text in e-mail to all of the elected officials I can find good addresses for;

Wanna get re-elected?? Don't count on my vote or the votes of anybody who will listen to me unless you and the rest of the nice folks in the government can reign in the oil companies and their price gouging. The price of fuels have increased 25% in the last year and more than doubled in the last 5 years. The oil companies are posting record profits, and the ranking members of the oil cartel are listed among the wealthiest men in the world. The rich keep getting richer, and the poor keep getting poorer. John Q Public can't afford to put fuel in their vehicles any more let alone put groceries on the table. The prices of goods and service have gone up along with the price oil and fuels, but wages have not. This depression(not recession), is putting hundreds of small businesses and sole propriatorships out of business every day and further burdening the economy with the loss of even more jobs.

You have the power, now are you going to do something about it?? or are you going to leave it up to the next person that takes your job??

The congress, the senate and the president can come together on a sunday for an emergency session for Terri Schaivo, What are they doing for the benifit of the entire country in oil price relief, and the economy??? How long can this go on?? how high will the prices of oil/fuels go before we say ENOUGH!!!. Will the country have to go into another full blown depression such as hasn't been seen since the 30's?? I don't have the answers...only more questions.

Let your elected officials, and newspapers know how *you* feel about the oil companies, and cartels price gouging/collusion.

If you folks think I am off base here, then tell me what you think.

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

601-794-2992

Why can't Mr Fork and Ms Electrical Outlet just get along?

Reply to
Noon-Air

Steve, I feel you are right on and Im with you all the way. Only problem is,.....I feel its like fitting Goliath. I dont think it can be done. I hope Im wrong. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Much as I emphasize with you, Noon, it ain't the case. Crude has gone up more than 25% in the past year. And it's going to get worse. What's happening with oil is much the same thing happening with steel, copper and many other commodities. China is starting to get a consuming middle class and so it's actively competing for the same resources we are.

I remember the early 70s as well. The price doubled in our area from about $.30/gal to almost $.60/gal in the matter of a few weeks. That was due to the Arab oil embargo.

If you want to get someth>

Reply to
Steve Scott

I forgot I wanted to send along a link you might find interesting.

Steve Scott

Steve (Scott) is right, Steve. It's a BWW out there, and the Chinese want their piece.... a great big one.

The only hope is to encourage more domestic production and alternative fuels... and get all those damn women driving SUV's back in small cars where they belong (-;.

Jake

Reply to
Jake

Noon-Air posted for all of us...

No, I don't think you are off base. I am pissed because we are in Iraq (no flames / discussion) because it was touted "the oil, stupid". The nations over there are ripping us off. They set their own quotas and prices. The govt should exert their influence over these thieves. Then again it's good old capitalism at it's best. Supply and demand. I am aghast that they are raising interest rates to combat "inflation" WTF *inflation* Sure when gas goes up like it is, it works it way down the line. A quote here "The customer pays for everything" is quite true; however I don't have the ability to add a fuel surcharge to my mileage sheet at work. I was told the new mileage rate would not take effect till the new budget year (july) started. My wife and I are actively looking at where we can cut back. No vacation, no day trips, etc. The price spiral has not begun in earnest yet but I feel it will very soon. Petroleum prices determine energy prices, food costs, etc. I will set up headquarters for the gloom & doom squad and sit and work the computer, listen to the shortwave/ham radios, read the mountain of books I have stashed.

I have already written to my "representatives" numerous times on many issues so I don't see a solution there. Form *GRIP* Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians. When they realize they don't have a permanent job/retirement things will change, but not till then.

Now ya got me cranked up and it's time for bed.

Reply to
Tekkie®

You forget that Halliburton is in control. You'll have to wait until Hillary gets elected for cheap gas. However, then you'll pay more in taxes for all the social welfare programs.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Term limits aren't the answer either. Our state has term limited out all the legislators this year, and the new inexperienced idiots don't know what to do except be swayed easily by the lobbyists and special interests. Also, the career bureaucrats now have way more power, because they know more than the newbie legislators and they can easily hide and fool these inexperienced legislators.

Its a bad situation, and yes, it is going to get a whole lot worse. China is going to clean our economic clock.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Reply to
Steve Scott

The cars are called Ls-430 now with the new ones. Start at $48,000 but the make the RX-400 that starts at $28,000.00 and works the same.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Look what happened to the rpice of 134a already.

I will get out of my Cherokee when you pry my cold dead fingers from the keys. Make that my well-armed cold dead fingers...

Reply to
Vicki Szaszvari