Flame cycles on and off

I just noticed something about my Carrier natural gas furnace .. (Series

110, probably about 20 years old.)

I noticed that while the fan is on, the flame will go out for about 10 seconds, then relight, then on for perhaps a minute, then out, etc.

Is that normal? It's still giving off plenty of heat, so I'm unsure if I need a service call or not. Anyone?

Reply to
Duncan Tuna

Thermostat is bad. Time to change it. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

... which is your usual bogus answer.

Reply to
CJT

Do feel free to answer the op question yourself then....

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

CJT is still trying to figure out which end of the furnace to look at. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Yes you were WRONG, werent you DANgER? You know damn good and well you thought that furnace had a single flame sensor sitting over to the side of the burners all by itself. It DOESNT and you were WRONG f*****ad. You couldnt diagnose a pilot that wasnt lit. Go back outside and suck on the end of your tail pipe some more.

Oh CHRIST! "not normal behavior??" Here we go with another Canuck wild ass guess. Time to change the module. Better change the gas valve too. While you're at it, change the blower motor. Dont forget a stat. That outta cover it the way the wild wonder from Canada "fixes" things. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

As I recall, that was YOUR recommendation.

That

Reply to
CJT

..........and if you were bright enough to follow along closely CJT you dipshit, you would recall that the dumb Canuck actually believes and uses that procedure. I dont. I can see you will need much help following along............ Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

CJT

HAHAHA it's like arguing with a retard.

bubbs I have never seen you answer a question correctly. If I'm diagnosing a problem over the internet obviously it's just a guess. If his pilot burner was replaced, then it was because his electrode was dirty and not rectifing a signal back to the module. I said clean the flame sensore...the sensor that senses flame. I was right. It was your small mind that pictured a seperate sensor opposite the electrode. SIGH I don't expect you to understand. Go back to cleaning your furnaces and changing your fan belts. HAHA I don't get you clowns...you don't ever help anyone, and just critize people that try too. It's obvious your all jealous and incompetent. I don't care what any of you so called pro's have to say. LOL

You guys have too much time on your hands...my l;ittle furnace cleaner fans :)

DANgER > all

btw bubbs > means GREATER THEN LOL

not on top!

:P

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

10 | >>>>seconds, then relight, then on for perhaps a minute, then out, etc." | >>>>

| >>As I recall, that was YOUR recommendation. | >

| > ..........and if you were bright enough to follow along closely CJT | > you dipshit, you would recall that the dumb Canuck actually believes | > and uses that procedure. I dont. | > I can see you will need much help following along............ | > Bubba | >

| >>That | >>

Reply to
Richard

Dan you keep blabbing about dirty electrodes. Dont you understand how a Carrier two or three wire pilot burners work? Its not by flame rectification, they are bi-metal warp switches.

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

and you seem to be left all alone in the corner wearing a diaper licking a window. And you still couldnt diagnose shit if it were laying on your tongue. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

and you need to go sit on the other side of DANgERS Canadian window and start licking. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

HAHAHAHA your obssesed with me bubbs!

DANgER > you

BTW hows that cheerleader wife? HAHAHAHA Say hi to your sister for me.

"A new law was recently passed in Arkansas. When a couple gets a divorce they're still brother and sister."

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

"Dan you keep blabbing about dirty electrodes. Dont you understand how a Carrier two or three wire pilot burners work? Its not by flame rectification, they are bi-metal warp switches."

Who is Dan, and what are you talking about. That carrier has a simple electrode ignition system. He changed the pilot burner. Read much?

LOL

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

So what your trying to say is that you dont know what a 2 or 3 wire pilot burner is or how they operate.

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

You're talking to the "wall" Mike. DANgER is a clueless idiot and now you've just given him something new he has to try and figure out what it is your talking about. A couple months should be enough time. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

What ever Dan is I know he picked the right handel...

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

Yes, that is what he's saying.

Reply to