Energy Efficiency of a small window unit

Hello all,

I bought a small 5200BTU window A/C this weekend and, frankly, did not care to look at the Energy Star label on it. Now, I put it in and in the process had to remove the label that said something to the tune of worst energy efficiency: 9.7 best energy efficiency: 11.2 this unit's efficiency: 9.7

Well, I guess I bought the worst I could. So the question then becomes whether the low efficiency is due to the small size or I should have spent more than $100 on a 5200BTU window A/C unit?

Can anyone recommend a model that claims to be closer to the 11.2 that the Energy Star label advertized?

Thanks! D~

and Discussions Community of the Net Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 20634 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
thestuccocompany.com