Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Carrier Comfort Temp Thermostat 140027-03A (2023 Update)
The 14 pin LCD chip that shows the day/time of each zone setting is bad. Not only can't I find any info about the chip, I can't find any info about buying a new thermostat. It is a 4 zone system and...
6
6

Am I being lied to?
I had an HVAC contractor (salesman) out to my house to quote a minisplit replacement. He's selling Fujitsu. The current installation has around 8 feet of line between the inside and outside units....
44
44

Which manufacturer makes the best mini split?
and more importantly why?
11
11

Pin hole on the body of steam trap
I have installed a steam trap at VAM just one year back. body material is cast steel, now just after one year of operation the body of the steam trap got leaked. its a pin hole and it looks like a...

death in group -- Christopher A. Young -- Stormin Mormon
I re-posted this here from another newsgroup ( Yes, as you said, it appears to be true. Very sad news. I always enjoyed his posts. He had a good sense of humor, posted some really clever stuff, and he...
2
2

Logging out...
Unsubscribing... :)

That's life. ( Dehumidifier )
No questions here, just relating how life works. I have a small collection of dehumidifiers. All bought at garage sales or from thrift stores. The dehumidifier I have been using is now not working...
3
3

schrader valve failure
I installedAC in my '96 Ranger 3 years ago - and it worked good for 3 years. It didn't work this spring so I topped it up with 134A and die, and it worked for about 2 weeks. I went at it with the UV...
2
2

Home air conditioning not cooling well.
Wife called me, house temp 81* set at 78*, fan is running. I went outside, compressor and fan on condenser unit are running. I removed filters and temp dropped about 1/2 degree. I shut down the unit...
15
15

heat pump thermostats
I bought a house with central air conditioning and propane heat. A couple of years later the propane furnace developed a crack so I replaced the fur nace with a high efficiency furnace. It and the air...
1
1

How many pounds of freezon stuff
I've got a window AC in my trailer. It's not cooling any more. Going to call the guy one of these days. I want to be sure he's not a hack. How many pounds of freezon should I tell him it needs?
5
5

TO EMPLOYER AND BOSSES
Employer=E2=80=99s difficulty getting right people. According to NBC Latest news: Employers are having difficulty filling = =E2=80=9CJobs=E2=80=9D 40% shortage, especially in skilled trades! Some...
3
3

Humidity Problem, could the blower be too strong?
I just had someone work on my furnace a couple of months ago to replace a f ilter box. They had lots of trouble and I think they tried to accommodate for something by changing the blower speed. The...
4
4

Tool for opening and closing a/c vents
The vents for our a/c are supposed to open and close by turning something t hat I will try to describe - it is a small knurled post with a slot at the top, although the slot is large compared to what...
6
6

swamp cooler pan that leaks.
Twice I put black tare in bottom pan making sure it doesn't leak, still does. Pretty old cooler still working, it's a small swamp cooler 1978