Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Biocide for use in evaporator pan?
What do you use and how much and how often to prevent clogging the HVAC drain line? We have a real problem down here in FL. We grow a thick jello-like goo that clogs the drains.
1
1

Goodman AC Lemon
Evidently Goodman sells lemon air conditioning. Do yourself and your customers a favor and don't ever buy a Goodman or Amana product. I have a unit that is 4 years old. I've already replaced...
64
64

Sizing HVAC System for Retail Store
Hire a competent company to do a proper load calculation. When you get the answer you want, call the installing company back, advise them of what they need to install and your bill for the load...
1
1

Anatomy of a service call
1. When it's 105 out and I've just come out of your attic please do not offer me anything to drink. Us heating and air techs have a special gene that lets us recycle our sweat when licked of...
2
2

Vehicle AC vs Home AC
Hello all, (We are in Phoenix, AZ) A while back, my mechanic told me that I need to run the AC in my car about once a week (even when it is not needed...ie, in the winter) because there is oil (or...
18
18

Can changes in humidity crack grout?
I put a dehumidifier in my bathroom, which is the most humid room in the house. That one unit keeps the whole house less humid, and is great. If you want my recommendation, this is the one to get: I...

Need to know mfd/voltage values for a Run Capacitor on a Lennox 5 ton Model #10AC60
I have a defective dual run capacitor on a Lennox 5 ton a/c unit . The values are not readable on the capacitor, nor is it listed on the electrical panel door . I tried phoning Lennox but could never...
4
4

Carrier Home Ait Cond. System Question
Our Carrier home air cond. system has started acting up. It is doing the following. 1. I will run for about and hour or so and stop. 2. Service tech comes out and checks freon levels are good and...
25
25

Nate Certification
Is Nate certification worth getting?
2
2

Tankless water heater pressure relief valve
I understand that some building jurisdictions require that pressure relief valves be installed on tankless water heaters, but other jurisdictions do not require this. The manual for my Weil-McLain...
3
3

What's in your wallet?
Just checking for those of you who use credit cards to get perks to see what you're using. I've been using Capital One & its O.K., 1 % cash back or up to 2% mileage, but you'd better pay...
9
9

sweat of the brow
Although the theft of workers=92 sweat of the brow is even more obvious today, the erosion began about three decades ago. Joel Rogers, director of the Center on Wisconsin Strategy, has made a recent...
1
1

Oil Furnace ? supplement gas fireplace
I have an oil furnace that's only 82% efficient. I use 500 gal of oil for my 1,000 sf house yearly. Like everyone, I'm thinking alternative source of heat. I live alone and cannot pick up...
14
14

Trane XB 1000 5 ton
I have a chance to obtain a Trane XB1000 5 ton (1999 install) that has about 3 months use on it. Since it is from a family property it will be at no cost to me except professional removal and install....
13
13

TPDT blower relay
I'm looking for a TPDT relay with 24 volt coil rated for at least 6 amps preferably more. I'll be using it on a 3/4 h.p blower motor & I'd like to at least have the rated relay amps double...
6
6