Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Brandon new WindowS AC
New LG 12000 BTU unit set at 72. Cools 500 square foot den well. However it cycles every 3-5 minutes. Is this normal. On 3/off 1

6AWG connecting to a 30 Amp breaker
I am replacing my air handler in the attic with a newer and more efficient model located in a closet on the ground level. I will start at the main panel for (hopefully) some clarity. 60 Amp breaker...
4
4

R22
According to the latest AC newsletter...R22 has some new regulations coming up. I personally thought R22 was a dead issue to be replaced with substitutes or newer equipment.

AC Condenser Unit Relocation
One of my neighbors, as part of a backyard renovation/landscaping project, will be moving their condenser unit from a northern exposure, to eastern exposure. It is a 5 ton unit, and probably 2-3 years...
8
8

dielectric cooling of computer clusters
One company that I worked for has converted their computer clusters to dielectric fluid cooling. Not sure who kitted them out, but one such vendor is: Now what is the saving? You need to pump the...

TXV valve replaced, reversing valve replaced, lines flushed and a/c still isn't working! Help!!
Our central air stopped working about 6 weeks ago. We have 6-7 year old Tappan unit. We were getting air through the vents inside but the air was not cool and the compressor outside wasn't running. We...

Ac issue
I have an air exchanger in a walkin crawl space. One of the ac vent feeds about 6 ft. from the exchange has mildew around the outside foil ventilation pipe insulation. What is causing this? How can I...
2
2

Looking for A/C info - Tonnage and SEER rating
I am under contract to buy a home that has an older RUUD unit. The model number is Uead-1415j. I have tried finding info online on this unit and have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have specs on this...
2
2

Installed cost of a 24000 BTU 4-unit mini-split systm
Greetings! I just had an estimate for a 24000 BTU 4-unit mini-split Carrier system. I have a 900 Sq ft ranch--with a complete 900 sq ft semi-finsished basement. 3 units would go on the main floor (one...
1
1

air conditioner not working properly
The temperature never recovered after it automatically adjusted for power savings on Friday afternoon. Temp set at 77, thermostat temp says 90 degrees. Honeywell Utility Pro "smart" thermostat.
3
3

Is having no cold air return harmful
And how is it harmful?
5
5

Rheem AC
No power at digital thermostat unit. No lights on 4721517-22 board. Appears plastic cap of the largest capacitor on board is damaged. (Not the large starting capacitor) safe to say need new board?
1
1

Goodman hpt1860
I have all wires routed except for the brown one. Where does it go?
2
2

Restarting Chest freezer
I'm the guy with 12 chest freezers used in my business. I have two freezers that are hard to get started if left not running for long, otherwise they cool fine and run at or below -10*F. When empty we...
3
3

Supply Registers (6" Round)
How many supply registers (6" round) can a 5 Ton AC unit have? Specifications: Maximum CFM: 4,046 Cooling BTU's: 59,500 SEER: 16
4
4