Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

P H Charts
I'm a student in HVAC-R and we are being introduced to the P H charts not understanding it. is there a web site that can help break down the understanding of this step by step. please help.
9
9

install of Smart DHW tank to IBC boiler help
Hello, I have an IBC 45-225 boiler that is up and running. I am installing a Smart Phase III indirect fired DWT. I have run a wire to the boiler from the DWH tank and connected it to the boiler at the...
2
2

Honeywell Thermostat issue
Installed a new Model RTH7600 Honey Programmable Thermostat. The temp in the house was around 63F based on my trusty alcohol thermometer. But my $99 RTH7600 read a temp of 72F. Waited for 20 minutes...
7
7

carrier code 14 & flame propagation
I have the dreaded sporadic ignition lockout. I have seen what happens. The first three burners on the right all light off. The fourth one has only a 50/50 chance of lighting. Of course, that is where...
29
29

do I need a condensate pump?
My house is 24 years old; I have lived here 16 years. The furnace is a 95% about 5 years old. There is an A/C also. The humidifier also drains to it. Two years ago there was water on the floor next to...
7
7

Grand Rapids MI HVAC needed
HVAC Groupers, I'm looking at a retirement condo for my Father in Law in Jenison / Grand Rapids MI. (Retirement investments tied to MI economy have not played out...) They're requiring a...
11
11

Trane furnace doesn't light
Hi! I've got a 10 year old Trane XE 80 furnace that I'm having some problems with. I turn it down at night, back up in the AM. Sometimes in the AM it will blow cold air. I'll go check it...
9
9

neutral and ground
i have a 40 year old panel with 3 hot wires. the panel is 480 volt with no neutral and ground. what do i have to do. can i run a neutral from another box?
11
11

flexable heating duct
I have a family room built on a slab. The 8" metal duct from the basement is the farthest from the furnace. Air flow and temp. are low. A duct booster fan helped with flow but not temp. obviously. Can...
10
10

Help - Need An Expert Witness
I have to go to trial on Monday, Dec 1 against a completely incompetent and/or thieving a/c company and I may need an expert witness. If you are interested, and you meet the following criteria, please...

geothermal runs constantly
Charlie ------------------------------------- Charlie ------------------------------------- My Water Furnace heat pump runs constantly, or nearly so. I have burned out 3 control boxes in the past 3...
3
3

carrier Crusader Furnace Trouble
I have a carrier crusader furnace model 58dhc055-ec. When I woke up this morning the house was cold but it sounded like the furnace was running. I went through the restart sequence but nothing...
10
10

Setting down the blower on my furnace
My furnace seems to blow really high all the time, it is a Bryant 397haw036080 and I was wondering if there was a way to set the blower down lower. Or if anyone knows where to find the service manual...
4
4

Flame adjustment and gas Valve on Bryant 397haw036080
I was wondering if anyone knew how to adjust the burner on my Bryant 397haw036080 furnace. It doesn't have the usual sliding door on the end of the burners, just a screw right through the middle....
8
8

Bypass humidifier installation
I have a gas forced hot air furnace with an Aprilaire 560 Humidifier. I would like someone to verify that the humidifier was installed correctly and if so, explain how it works in this configuration....
14
14