Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: idiots on patrol
Work is what helps keep you sane. Rocking chair on the front porch, and you start to die.
2
2

But wait ! There's more ! If you order in the next ten minutes.....
Umm... actually, not ... King' Billy Mays Found Dead in Home Sunday, June 28, 2009 Print ShareThisDEVELOPING: Television "pitchman" Billy Mays ? who built his fame by appearing on commercials and...
22
22

auto shutoff or just compressor off.. two kenmore models (7800 vs 6000 btu) ; quietest unit?
I found this 7800 btu model: this 6000 btu model ($50 more): confused, based on one review on the 6000 btu unit, it sounds like this unit actually completely shuts off when the temperature is reached,...
1
1

Burger King has Sooo much class
http://hotair.cachefly.net/images/2009-06/bk-blow.jpg
5
5

Mitsubishi specs
Awl -- For the MSZ-FD12NA, 12,000 btus. The estimator told me these are 120 V units, but the literature says these are 208-230. In addition, the RLA is 8.6 amps, which seems kind of high, at 230 V. My...
3
3

Mitsubishi vs Fujitsu ductless
Awl -- I am getting estimates for two separate rooms, about 12,000 btu each. A given estimator will pitch their brand, but I have no real way of telling the real story. My neighbor has fujitsu's,...

diy/home owner discussion group ?
I seem to remember there is another discussion group that was fairly active and geared more towards diy/home owners but I can't remember the details. Can someone point me to it? I have some...
9
9

2, 2.5, 3, OR 4 TON FOR HOUSE?
Can I get by with a 2.5 ton CHAC for a 1500 sq ft home?
33
33

Well/Water System
Is there a smimlar forum for well/water system problems? I'm getting excessive air/gas in the upstairs lines every day. Thanks. -------------------------------------...
2
2

heat pump cooling insufficient
Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . and for those of you who havent figured it out by now..... The above statement is Stormys way of saying, "Gee folks. I really dont have the slightest clue...
6
6

Rheem TRD Tripped
------------------------------------- Had a flood in my basement and the TRD tripped. Obviously, there is no combustion air and the heater won't light. Same old story. The pilot will light for...
8
8

Rheem heat pump defrost
Trying to hook up the defrost so it will energize some heat during the defrost cycle. It says run a lead from D on the heat pump to P on the air handler. Only problem is, I seen no P terminal on the...
31
31

Panasonic Ceiling Vent Fan 3" duct?
Apparently they should have been written in Picturegraphs.
6
6

converting oil burner to electric
------------------------------------- e6b028e8923da18c5e345f5ce89889c9 we are looking into a windmill for our property. Our oil burner is old and our home is so cold in the winter because of the cost...
6
6

Westinghouse A/C
I have a central unit that the a/c relay went out . Replaced relay started up ran fine till reached temp thermostat called for, shut off, like suppose to. when it tried to restart it only hummed ,...
4
4