Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

efficiency of +20 year old Weil-Mclain oil boiler P366(HE)?
The boiler with Beckett AF burner was here when I moved in. I assume the HE stands for high efficiency, but what was that 20 years ago? I could keep this boiler going for a long time, but wanted to...
6
6

Gas Fireplace Pilot
Hi all. I recently acquired a home that has a gas fireplace. Initially it was shutdown, but started it up this weekend. Everything works fine, but the pilot seems to be very large. It is around 2-3"...
4
4

134a discharge pressures
I work on some old equipment (ice chests, from Leer). The older R-12 units used to run about 150 to 170 discharge pressure. The R-134a units run more like 225 to 250 or so. Anyone else seen this?...
26
26

R22, 30 lb sealed- never opened
I'm sending this message to try to get an idea of what a full, sealed 30 lb tank of R22 is worth these days. When I had my air conditioning installed, I purchased everything myself and had a...
46
46

In a Restaurant
Yesterday got a call to do some lock work at a restaurant. They have three condensing units in the cellar, having moved the big one for the freezer to outdoors. One of them, I felt behind the fan for...

slow times??
It was getting real slow... but sent out a batch of 500 post cards and the phone started ringing again. Simple message on the cards.... no offers, no specials, just the simple question.... "Are you...
10
10

Clay Radiant Heater Fired by Bituminous Coal -- any Real-Life example?
Hi: I'm currently daydreaming about a radiant heater that is made of the same clay used by tandoor ovens and uses ignited bituminous coal as a source of heat. Has such a heater ever been built in...
2
2

Exploding refrigerators
only UK, but where ever they are found. Aparently, someone decided to use propane as a refrigerant. Which is fine, until it leaks into the compartment, and is ignited by a spark.
8
8

Equigard
Anyone having trouble collecting from Equigard? It seems there's a class action suit against them by HVAC manufacturers and distributors. You can read about it here:
1
1

AC ARMOR - New Air Conditioner Cage Design
has just changed the design on our AC ARMOR I Air Conditioner Cage. Its features still include 1=94 Welded tub steel and Industrial Paint/Powder-coated finish for rust protection and durability; but...
3
3

YORK compressor won't always start
Hello gang. I've got an issue I'm trying to diagnose, and some of the posting I've read on this site are very helpful. I'm the owner of the unit, and I've gone through multiple...
14
14

TPH analysis with IR
Hi there, I am looking for Trichloro-trifluoro-ethane to perform a TPH analysis by infrared spectroscopy. Somebody knows where I can purchase this freon? The sources I used do not sell this product...
14
14

Can you still get freon?
What do you reply, when people ask if you can still get freon?
1
1

Do units still use freon?
What do you say, when people ask if AC still use freon?
2
2

Low on freon
Everyone I talk to about refrigeration. It's not cooling right, must be low on freon. I'm so totally tired of hearing that. Well, maybe it's time to surrender to the urban legend, instead...
25
25