Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Condensate pump wiring
Can any one tell me the wiring connections from the float switch to the mini condensate pump via an RJ45 connector. The pump is a gotec piccolo but other pumps use the same connector?
23
23

Thankful for
I'm thankful for people like these, who remind me how fortunate I am.

Timely notice
http://www.weaselzippers.net/.a/6a00e008c6b4e58834012875cc3a9f970c-pi

Bryant plus 90i GE to evergreen motor
My GE ecm motor went out in my Bryant plus 90i furnace. I would like to utilize the same wiring harness on the cage but the colors do not match. here is what i have. on the bryant furncae wiring...
6
6

Mechanical Design and Engineering Services
MEP Design services offers mechanical design and engineering, electrical drawing sample, plumbing engineering, HVAC equipment with dedicated mep at work with competitive prices. MEP Design Services is...

Great bumper sticker
We were in Pigeon Forge over the week end. We left to come home on Sunday. Traffic was moving slow & a car in front of us had an Obama bumper sticker on it.. It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8"....

Heat balancing at church
The twenty year old building I attend services. Cinder block walls, flat roof. The heat is natural gas, 80 percenters (induced flue draft). The building has seven zones. Plus, three offices have a...
10
10

oil furnace service in Northern Califonia?
Sometime around 2001 somebody on here at the time was able to recommend an oil tech to service my Moms oil furnace in Leggett, CA. She doesn't remember who or exactly when, but she thinks they...
12
12

Cost Effective MEP Engineering Services at Low Price
MEP Design Services is a professional services company working for International clientele, providing value-added design and Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Engineering services. Our company...

oil burner smell
Five years ago, I got a new oil burner heater installed. Even before the new burner was installed, I started noticing a strange smell when heat started flowing from the ducts. The smell is difficult...
4
4

Trick or treat !
http://www.weaselzippers.net/.a/6a00e008c6b4e588340120a6441622970b-500wi
1
1

Thinking of setting thermostat for single stage heat pump instead of two stage
I am thinking of setting my thermostat to single stage this winter The heat pump is two stage but the heating bill is very high the months when the second stage kicks on (and it kicks on a lot). Is it...
17
17

What's bad about flex duct?
I posted a question about furnace ducts that quickly turned into a flurry of emotion. Buried in the noise there appeared to be a significant bias against flexible ducts for return air. But I...
16
16

Hot Water Furnace Additive?
After draining my gas hot water boiler system, is there any sort of water additive I should add (e.g. anti-corrosive) when I refill it? And if so, how? Thanks!
20
20

Noise suppression in ductwork? Minimum segment length?
I had a new Coleman 99.5% gas furnace installed. The return duct is a 25' 16" diameter metal straight shot from the hallway to the furnace in the attic. Air flow is about 900 linear feet/minute....
16
16