Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

keeping a air handler clean
Well My central air conditioner installation is complete, for the last 5 yrs I had a ductless air conditioner, it was a headache from the second year on, always needed a technician every season to...
5
5

Thanks for help, found Mr Slim 17 SEER Installation guides!
http://www.acoverstock.com/installationGuides/mitsubishi/MSA_MSY_MSZ_inst.pdf

Is A/C capacitor supposed to look like this?
Trane central air unit quit doing its thing (recently made another post about it) and I finally cracked open the housing. Here are some pics - front and rear of a capacitor and a pano of the...
61
61

any chance of factory support?
I have a 5 ton Amana Prestige II (model RCC) that the builder installed in my home. I am the original owner having purchased the home from the builder in May 2001. According to the warranty papers the...
10
10

Heil A/C equipment
What is the thought about Heil equipment? I have heard repeatedly how Goodman is not favored because it's too generic, and how Trane is too proprietary. What's the story on Heil?
6
6

Whirlpool Will Close US Plant in June; Send Jobs to Mexico
Oops ! There goes another one ( or another 1100 ) ! Whirlpool Corporation is shutting down a refrigerator plant in Evansville, Indiana that will put 1100 people out of work. Are they having trouble...
3
3

brazing copper tubing
Any HVAC guys using Mapp gas for silver brazing on copper tubing. been looking at a CROSSTECH torch, is mapp gas a waste or not for this application.
26
26

What to ask HVAC Tech
This was originally posted to a different newsgroup, and I was referred here.
6
6

UL 181 A-P tape(s)
I noticed this tape kind of punctures & rips easily, I am not sure what kind the dist. gave me but the question which tape is the best of the bunch, are there any that are reinforced that don't rip or...
1
1

air handler line route
I have my air handler installed in my attic, my HVAC guy will be here next week to braze and do a nitrogen check and charge & set up the system, I am running the copper lines up in the attic to the...
9
9

Ductboard trunk
I am having my Central Air installed in my house. I was at work today and I mentioned to this guy who is a tin knocker sheet metal guy that my Installer is using 2" duct board for the feed in the...
6
6

Gentec
I got a replacement condenser fan motor, old one was a GE and was told Gentec bought the GE motor division. Anyone know who sells Gentec condenser fan motors I searched the part # on the GE and Gentec...
9
9

Retirement
Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day my wife and I went into town and went into a shop. We were only in there for...

projections
For those contractors who haven't figured it out yet, I figure that the next 8 - 10 years is going to be real heavy on resi system replacements. For me its already started... I currently have a 3 week...

condenser fan motor windings
Thanks in advance for your help. I have a Tempstar TCH242AKC1 3.5 ton smartcomfort 2200 heat pump that is 6 years old. 14 months ago I had to replace the 2 speed condenser fan motor because of bad...
15
15