Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Central air - problems cooling
I bought a Rheem 3.5 ton unit about a year ago for my 1880 sq. ft. house. Today it is 90 degrees outside and I can't get it below 73 in the house. The AC has been running continuously for about 8...
12
12

Sizing a mini-split a/c
A friend is looking into putting in a mini-split air conditioner. The room does not have an outside wall. She has calculated that she needs 6000 to 7000 BTU--max. But all single zone units I find are...
12
12

Night AC
I had an idea while back. To take a 275 gal oil tank. Cause they are often free for the taking. Use an AC during the night to chill the contents (oil, or perhaps water). Using an evaporator within the...
21
21

convert single to dual zone?
What is involved in converting a single zone HVAC to a dual zone system using one compressor? Given all my existing parts will remain and no new condensor or evaporators will be added, I assume it...
30
30

work backlog
Is anybody else running a 3+ week backlog on system replacements?? I been running like this since mid february.... not that I am complainin, I was just wondering. Seems like my area has a bunch of...
18
18

Home grown solution for spill baby spill
Michigan rocks! http://www.wnem.com/news/23874846/detail.html

Blower won't turn off.
Coleman unit. Temp set at 78 ac mode, now 68. Replaced batteries in thermostat. brad
24
24

refrigerating cycle in small freezer
hello, I have a problem with simulating the refrigerating cycle for the freezer (typical one, internal volume of 300 litres, doors open at the top). Reciprocating compressor- condenser- capillary tube...
2
2

AMAZING artwork
These are PENCIL DRAWINGS, not photographs ! http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/news-incredible-artwork-graphite-wielding-photographer

Oil spill:
I guess that oil spill is going to about ruin the entire eastern Seaboard. In upper central American we are being apprised that the 4.5million waterfowl that are born here migrate to southern...
4
4

pan tablets
was at a Home Depot this evening, I see they had a product called pan tablets, for the air handler pan, supposed to prevent bacteria, any thoughts on this product. Chet
26
26

Alki Foam
I've been trying difrerent strength for alki foam, for condensors. 1:100 is a bit too weak, and full strength works fine, but seems a bit of waste of money. The label says 1:3 or 1:4 which works...
7
7

Electrical Efficiency Design Practice
I would like to know why the HVAC industry design practice for at least the smaller systems that I know of still seems disadvantaged from an electrical efficiency viewpoint. I am certainly NOT a...
20
20

Lightening protection for condenser?
I am hiring a professional to install a Fujitsu Halycon split ductless air conditioner in my garage. The condenser will be on the roof. Since we get a considerable amount of lightening in the area, I...
1
1

Memories
Several years ago, I got a call from a fellow whose house hold AC wasn't cooling. Rheem, split system. I checked the gages, amps, air flow, and so on. I was really stumped, as to why it wasn't...
4
4