Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

HVACR industry is undergoing significant changes
Yeh - all the 'techs' are going to be named Miguel or Jesus.
3
3

dehum
Having had dehumidifiers mentioned, recently. I got to service one (locked compressor). And then go find another. Which had a couple problems, too. I'm heading out the door to deliver a dehum. Would...
2
2

N. Texas Geothermal Install
Hi, New to this group and new to Geo. I am not a pro, but am interested in replacing my air-to-air heat pump that's on its last legs with a geothermal system. My home is about 2300 sq. ft. and sits on...
1
1

Need Tech Data for SeaBlue Pool Heater
Can someone give me a lead on where to get a tech manual/board schematic for a SeaBlue Model 400 swimming pool heater? I understand SeaBlue was aquired by Pentair, and Pentair won't answer my...
7
7

Extra thermostats
HVAC at this house was installed by the owner/designer's brother in law in 1987 (long now out of business) and we knew the wiring was a real rat's nest with nothing marked and no schematic . . . ....
1
1

New England Summers
BWAHAHAhahahaha! That tickled my funnybone! (Don't get any ideas Milligan)
10
10

AC: how limp by until new installation?
About 3 am Wednesday I noticed that the fan that circulates the air for our furnace and AC (blower fan?) had died. The AC itself hadn't, and frost was accumulating where the coils lie inside the...
64
64

Camper AC service
Anyone here serviced roof AC on campers? I did one a couple weeks ago. Much same as window unit. R-22 system, and rotary compressor, Amazing what a few ounces of juice can do.
5
5

Thermadore
Where do Thermadore AC units fit into the spectrum of "quality?" Nonny
2
2

Dehumidifier healing
I have a large basement with rec room, bedroom, bath. It's not air conditioned like upstairs, just has a dehumidifier. At the end of last summer, I noticed it was icing up across the bottom third of...
37
37

Daffy Duck HVAC design in NC
I have a 2550 sq. foot home. 1 1/2 stories. 1750 down and 800 up. The floor plan is pretty much open other than the master bedroom and bath. The HVAC contractor installed a 2 ton HVAC down and 2.5 up....
1
1

Trane extended warranty
I just put a new 13 seer. R-410a Trane heat pump (over and under package unit) on a rental here in Phoenix. It was a very easy swap out for the 20 year old Trane roof top heat pump. There seems to be...
6
6

Trane HVAC Advice?
Hi, I am hoping someone here can give me some advice. I am replacing my furnace and A/C and I am thinking of going with Trane HVAC. My house is about 2200 sq ft in Northeast OH. I am thinking about...
18
18

Dogs drinking from the AC
Friend of mine, in TX. Got a couple puppies. They like to drink the water that drips from the window AC. She asked me if that's dangerous for the dogs. I have an opinion, but I'm curious what the...
7
7

Ping Existential Angst
Pls send me an email. Tks.