Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

hot metal small + CO
I have a 23 year old Carrier nat gas furnace, model 58GP125. Last spring and now in the early fall I noticed a strong 'hot metal' smell coming from the furnace when it is on. After a few heat cycles...
4
4

Picture of a low bid hvac installation (sit down for this)
http://www.hvactown.info/photo/lowbidinstallhvac-1?context=latest
4
4

Slightly off topic ; Has anyone tried electrifying their aluminum window frame with 110 v. for burglars ???
Theres a couple of shady characters in the neighborhood and living on my own im often away from the house . There is one particular window that is on the backside of the house that would be ideal to...
12
12

Harbor Freight Reviews
Cross posting mormon cock suckers. Burn in hell.
8
8

AC unit in New Zealand
Did anyone see the "fire investigation" episode from New Zealand? A factory had a major fire, and they traced it to the AC unit. I found the show interesting.

High Capacity Dehumidifier (for Basement)
Currently I have a 50 pint Walmart dehumdifier in my basement which runs all the time, consequently using hundreds of dollars a year in electricity--yet still doesn't keep the humidity level as low as...
5
5

Refrigerator not working again
Sorry about that! :)
487
487

Whats the biggest Air Handler youve ever stood next to or worked on ?
For me it was in the Penthouse of a 50 story Office building in downtown Chicago . The system was an early 1980's VAV field built up System (inlet vanes) with Blower Wheel housing anchored into the...
3
3

Leer ice chest not cooling enough
I had a cooler driving me nuts a couple weeks ago. Leer ice merchandiser. Ourdoor unit. On the sun side of the building, which wasn't helping. When I got there, it would be fine. Nice and cold. The...
11
11

Stick braze silver types
The Johnstone catalog says the 15% silver has about the same melting temps as the 1 to 2%. I don't know if I believe that. I used to braze with mapp gas and the 15% stuff. But, tonight I just couldn't...
9
9

Hot, hotter, hottest
As odd as it sounds, I'm replacing the compressor in a window shaker. Find out that mapp gas isn't hot enough to flow silvabraze with 1% silver. Ah, well. Cheap stuff. Finally after carbonizing the...
21
21

Software advice
Hi all, I need advice on the HVAC design software that I should purchase. Any input is appreciated. I want something that has approved by ASHRAE. Also please advise on good HVAC design textbooks....

Heat Pump with backup generator
Hi all, I have a Lennox 2.5 ton heat pump along with a CBX32M air handler. What i'd like to do is install a backup generator. A pretty large one (22KW) but not large enough to power the heating system...
17
17

NORDYNE IQ DRIVE (AKA MAYTAG, FRIGIDAIRE, WESTINGHOUSE) 23 SEER A/C UNITS
I have owned this Maytag 23 SEER IQ Drive equipment from Nordyne (both a 3 ton & a 2 ton unit)since April 2009. I replaced two old, inefficient systems in their entirety. I paid top dollar for this...
16
16

Bldg systems training
Mechanical Systems Training Need Help? Buy HVAC Products is a free website, which provides building operations and mechanical systems information, which can be used for training purposes. If you are...