Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Individual job conditions
Got a call, yesterday. Company wants me to estimate for changing filters on HVAC units at stores. They want a list of prices, based on the tonnage of the unit. I went to the one store they needed...
17
17

Window air conditioner as heat pump
On a WINDOW heat pump, ive never seen a defrost control on it. What they do is, they shut off the heat pump compressor at a certain outside air temp so outdoor coil freezeup doesnt occur, and energize...
23
23

Carrier 58hdv100
Hello, I installed a new furnace to my house. It works fine, but when the thermostat isn't calling for heat, the blower motor is making a noise. The noise is like a flourescent ballast. Is this...
5
5

installing new systems ?
Presently all my systems are R22. I have 6 at 3 different properties. Most of them I installed myself over the years. I realize that I'm probably not going to be replacing any of them with another R22...
36
36

??????
Cat gotcher tongue?
2
2

Electric heaters are becoming natural choice!
CNMOnline, a well reputed online store selling electrical appliances, says that electric heating is going to more natural choice for heating. Electric heaters offer many benefits over conventional...
16
16

Single heat pump runs with Two air handler ?
Hi All: I have two Carrier Air Conditionning system (each 3.5Ton) cooling my 2100sq ft home which I knew is more than my need. Well it comes like this when I bought this single story rancher house....
17
17

Arcing on connection to cap on Trane A/C compressor
Last summer I replaced a cap on this '88 Trane unit when it stopped running. It was actually the 2nd time I'd replaced that cap. Once the cap was replaced it ran fine. Cooled the house off quick, not...
37
37

posted by mr. tony berlin
How TXV's Improve SEER TXVs that close when the compressor shuts off are referred to as Hard Shut Off (HSO) isolates most of the charge in the outdoor unit when the compressor is off, allowing...
7
7

R22 pricing
A couple decades ago, I remember someone had R22 in 15 ounce cans, with a can tap. Probably no longer so. In the case of a system change out, I'd charge for the gas used, not the whole jug....
57
57

Modified an air filter
Got a call from a friend, whose expensive Carrier furnace needed an expensive filter. Problem is, that size is about $175 my cost, at the parts house. About $75 Amazon dot com price. But, the problem...
5
5

Knew my life was missing something
I had a system crash. Downloaded a Trojan, and lost my hard drive. After some reprogramming and replacement drive, and all. I knew something was missing from my life. I'd forgotten to download...
15
15

baseboard thermostat help..
I have another question concerning my heating system.. In an addition on my house, (Built in '79) there is electric baseboard heat. Singer series 9715 (installed sept, '79) with a Singer Low Voltage...
3
3

Chest Freezer Question
I have several chest freezers, they are in an outdoor setting and subject to variable temperatures. All the freezers are set at -10*F, when the outside temp drops into the high 30's low 40's ONE of...
4
4

Heat Pump Question
Hello all, I am new, just stumbled upon this site looking for answers to my confusion. Just bought a home 2 months ago, in upstate NY, this is our first home. The home was built in 1979, and...
24
24