Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: India is becoming a leading outsourcing hub for QA services
The tech rep is there to deal with warranty issues... like the rash of evap coils that were leaking in the slabs, not at the tube sheets, and they have to authorize warranty condenser/heat pump unit...
13
13

Refrigerant recovery unit suggestion
I am looking to buy a compact, oil-less, push pull, vapor/liquid, R410 compatible, easy to clean, recovery unit with the 80% auto switch off. I do not do much volume so speed is not that critical. Any...
2
2

What is THE best product youve found for removing built up crud on evaporators ?
Whats the best dissolver youve worked with for getting evaporator coils and fins super clean again ? I mean... a product that works well and in a short amount of time. Thanks.
5
5

installation of condeser on slab
We have 3 A/C units outside on a slab at the back of the house, built 5 years ago. We have just replaced our 2nd compressor of the 3. The tech told us that the units are installed flush on the slab,...
2
2

Carrier vs. Bryant, What's different?
Hi, Experts, Is there a sure difference between this two? At last got hold of a real experienced, knowlegeable installer who started with Manual J calculation. My choice of our new furnace is 2 stage,...
3
3

hvac help again
That's a very good price. I don't have any digital TV. I got two coupons for converters, but misplaced the coupons till after they expired. Oh, well. I'm glad yours works well. I live behind a big...
32
32

HVAC help
I stumbled upon your website and loved it. My carrier weathermaker quit working. It is about 14 years old. I went outside and there is a loud hum and the fan is not running. I spun the fan with a...
8
8

Adding a Fourth, Lower Speed to Fan
My window-mounted, evaporative cooler has a three speed, permanent split capacitor (PSC) motor. Is it possible to reduce all three speeds via changing out the capacitor (without shortening the life of...
9
9

Carrier Performamce 93, 58 MTB?
Hi, Got quoted on this model to replace our old Carrier Weather Maker 8000 one. Thinking about new furnace B4 this winter. Is this model a safe bet? I lined up two more installers and by next week...
4
4

Emerson/White Rodgers "Cool Savings" feature, help to understand..
I have an Emerson thermostat that claims to have a feature called cool savings... I tried to Google this feature and Emerson says its designed to adjust the programmed set point temperature during...
2
2

A newbie question
Hi, Once in a while AC unit needs refrigerant top up at the beginning of season during annual check up. Are they consumed or if there is no leak, how come it needs top up? Where does it go?
22
22

heat pump wont run
my heat pump is not working no compressor no fan. My heat works but i tried to bypass the thermostat as a test i can jumper the red wire to the green fan runs fine but when i add the white wire fan...
5
5

Any thermostat that keeps running for a while after temperature is lowered?
I have not seen a thermostat do what you want, but not likely a cheap one. Greg
19
19

RSES SAM manuals
RSES SAMS Manuals for sale or best offer! located North NJ. Ph: 201-944-6294 or Email
2
2

Heat Pump Fan Motor Install Question
I am a newbe, an aspiring DIY'er, getting ready to replace my fan motor for the first time (exterior) Carrier Split System Heat Pump: Model 38BYC). I think I figured out the answers to most of my...
74
74