Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Is it alright to us Pro A/C in R22 system?
Pro A/C is R-134a. I don't know how well the Pro A/C would connect up with the port on your home system, but as a "top-up" R134a doesn't seem to work well enough to be worth the hassle. Propane, on...
3
3

Painted Radiator
============= US Department of Commerce?s National Bureau of Standards July 19, 1935. It will appear that as far as their effect on the performance of radiators is concerned, paints fall into two...
1
1

water heater leaking!
I was going to say that the plumber will charge you $1000 installed, but you could simply drive to Home Despot and pick up a new one and install it yourself for $300. So I was $100 off. They're not...
24
24

Predictions on all the freon leaked out and need AC system replaced
The freon did not leak out. It was stolen. Church A/C units in the USA are prime targets for theft. I'm surprised they didn't steal the entire unit for scrap value, but stealing the freon is probably...
1
1

A problem with NEST thermostats?
Have any of you ran into anything like this? Mikek The Nest Thermostat is a beautiful product. The little LCD and metal hockey puck made consumers suddenly care about how cool their thermostat looked....
3
3

Compressor unit failure
Hi, Our AC failed recently and I called the folks who installed it 12 years ago to come out and take a look at it. The tech came out yesterday, hooked up the gauges, and verified that it was empty. He...
3
3

Re: Compressor continuity?
I have a question: I have an Italian freezer with a compressor the shows 208-230v~60hz and is new but it shows continuity between two pins and I have no idea which one is common,run or start
2
2

RF wireless Themostat
Hi, I have a Vallaint ecoplus 824 boiler with a wireless Towerstat RF thermostat, lately the heating clicks on at the set time but it fails to switch off or cut out when it has reached the desired...
1
1

Just curious...............
I do not need a blower motor for my furnace, but I have a question about such motors. One of my furnaces has a four speed motor. If I should search for a comparable motor (such as: ) it lists the...
10
10

How to tell if heat pump compressor is "burned up"?
I read some time ago that if a compressor burns up, the F22 inside the sealed unit is contaminated with acid. Is this true? If so, how do I test for acid in the F22? I have chosen to replace the...
6
6

STILL TRYING, RESPONSE TO SC
THANK YOU. APOLOGY ACCEPTED. BACK TO MY PROBLEM . I SET AIR HANDLER &HOOKED IT UP TO DUCTWORK , SO I HAD TIME TO LOOK OVER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION & SERVICE FACTS BEFORE TECH SHOWED UP. WHEN I SAW HE...
2
2

air handler fan speed
I just had a dx geothermal system installed with a trane tam7aoc48h41sc air handler. Tech who hooked system up lives 6 or so hrs away, so after 6 leaks & a 2nd tank of refrigerant he was more...
20
20

TWEEDYPIE
I have a Zone Valve Question. I have hot water baseboard heat with 4 Zone Valves (White Rodgers). Just two days ago, the Living Room and Kitchen got extremely warm, I turned the thermostat down and it...
1
1

Can washing machine start capacitor test good - and still be bad?
About a year ago the motor in my kenmore washing machine was acting up - buzzing but not turning. I suspected the start capacitor and picked up a used one for $10 at a local repair shop. These are...
7
7

problem with vintage oil furnace starting
I have an oil furnace, forced air, It's a Carrier 58HV085, 34 years old, and works well, until last night after I fell asleep. (Please, no one tell me to get a new furnace. I've heard that before....
16
16