What does your garden look like now?

Because I had to move some of it....

Cheryl Isaak

Looking at my front garden I see Loropetalum, all 8 feet, covered with magenta pink fringe flowers Western Redbud, leafless, but colored with russett-purple seed pods, two titmice are dining on them Viburnum tinus is shiny with metallic tiny blue black berries and beginning to burst its buds into pink white flowers. Camellia Kanjiro whose single rose pink blooms will feed Mrs Anna HB and Ruby crowned Kinglet until late February,

Also still with blooms, Noisette Rose, an old girl, with unknown name. Hellebore is putting up his big ol buds, Erica Furzey rings her tiny pink bells, while Abutilon has a few large pink bells for the Hummers, too.

Holly Fern is loving the cool weather with dark fronds that Contrast with lime Heuchera, daring to put up a stem of buds!

Juniper, Ceanothus, adn Muhlenbergia grasses provide a green texture. And in the bird bath, White Crowned Sparrow takes a dip.

Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

"CK"

Does your mummy know you post rude words to stangers on the internet? You should be careful 'cause you might get your widdle botty paddled if you aren't careful.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I'm headed your way! C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

OK just bring the Dandelion book and a quilt. We have a travel trailer you can use for the winter! Em

Reply to
mleblanca
12 inches of snow

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

ROFLOL! I won't too worried about that language...I've got it before on here you know. But your response to that was pretty funny to me!

Reply to
rachael simpson

The book is back in the library. But I can bring lots of yarn to make a blanket or floss to embellish a quilt! (I've been looking at crazy quilts, I think one is in my future)

Cheryl Isaak

Sorry to reply so late, I was away on retreat. That said, my garden looks like it will be a lot more empty next spring. At least one can hope. I never, not one time watered the garden this entire year. If it lives, it stays. If it doesn't, so long.

Right now in Austin we still have temps near 70 during the day and assorted from 40 to 60 at night. We must have had a light frost because my tomatoes are fried. The greenhouse is up with the brugs and citrus.

Next spring I really want to be sparse and more plannned. I want to actually see mulch between plants. My garden will be made up of low growing natives, yuccas, succulents, and rocks! The front gardens are so overgrown right now I have no idea what survived under the weeds. I can see cacti and yucca poking through, but not much else. It's all under the weed debris. My neighbors love me, I'm sure. It is really not fair to them.

End of January I have full knee replacement surgery so I can once again wheel myself out and garden. My husband always tells me I am a great planner and planter, but a horrible maintainer of gardens. So, for me, less is more.

Jangchub

I did the same.

I'm headed there - I'm now under 2+feet of snow.

I hear you.

One or both knees. I think the time to do my left knee is rapidly approaching.

Cheryl Isaak

(...)

Well, hopefully the left knee is reacting to the overcompensation of the right leg. For now, I will just get the right knee done and see if the left leg calms down.

Did you do your right knee? If so, what was the "complete" recover period? I know I'm in for some major pain for several months of therapy.

Reply to
Jangchub

I guess you folks know that the knee design replacement for women differs from men. This was new to us as my wife needs one due to a broken knee 40 years ago.

Bill whose garden is 60 F with a high dew point 58. Things are dripping .

Weird

Reply to
Bill

I would imagine the knees would have to be different based simply on the size of a woman's structure. No matter what size the woman is, I don't think their skeleton is as large as that of a man. Possibly if comparing caucasion women to Asian men, possibly. Not all Asian men, but many are racially smaller.

Reply to
Jangchub

Jangchub expounded:

It's not just size, it's the position of our femur in our pelvis, it's a different angle than a man's, that's why we have so much trouble with our ACL's. The structural differences are subtle.

Reply to
Ann

Actually, it is the left knee. Congenitally, I have very little cartilage under the knee caps and I put a hole in it young. The possibility of replacement has been around for about 25 years - I've just done my exercises and worn proper footwear. I'll make an appointment when winter is over to investigate it.

Cheryl Isaak

I'm intentionally doing it during winter so I can be out there in the spring (if all goes well). I would be happy just to be able to rake, pull weeds and pile mulch on.

Fortunately, it looks as if my knee cap is okay, but worn. My main problem is from a hyperextension during kneeling which tore a hunk of my miniscus. I let it go for too long and the arthro only cleaned it up. Now I'm crunching around. Now is the time.

BTW, I LOVE physical therapy. It's like getting a great massage twice a week on my legs. My PT is a hot looking broad too! I like beautiful women; what can I say!

The first time they did myofascial release on my legs I knew I was in the right place. It's simply amazing at how much that helps with the pain...and I am in some major pain all the throbbing time now.

Reply to
Jangchub

No - while I'd miss spring cleanup, I'd rather be not in a cast/brace during the snow and ice.

Cheryl Isaak

Reply to
slmdj1