PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Touch-Me-Not

All one has to do is to touch a ripe seed pod of this wild flower to understand where the common name comes from. The pod explodes, sending the seeds in all directions. When walking through a stand of Touch--Me-Nots, it can sound like rain if enough of them are ripe.

js

-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK:

Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver

jack

They are very pretty -- are they invasive? Can I buy seeds/plants at the local nursery?

thanks. As always, I look forward to your photos.

Pat

Reply to
Grdner

Touch- Me- Nots are also known to releive any kind of skin irritatains for a short time. Though this does not help the healing process it can be used as a quick releif remedy. Chuckie in the thawing north, zone 5

Reply to
Chuckie

Grdner expounded:

They self-sow themselves freely, so yes, they are invasive, but easily removed - by the handful!

Reply to
Ann

Snazzy!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins

When I was growing up in Ohio, we had huge areas of jewel weed, which we also called touch-me-not. I'm not sure if it was exactly the same variety as in your photo, but we were told to crush it and use it on poison ivy and insect bites for a little quick relief from itching.

MaryL

Reply to
MaryL