PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Ronda the Racoon

What does one do when someone like this knocks at the back door? Give it a treat of course.

js

-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK:

Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver

jack

Awwww.... now that's got to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. :)

Yes, I know what a nuisance raccoons can be and how they carry disease and all that. BUT, I don't get them up here, they don't bother me one bit so I can still say how cute they are!

;)

Reply to
bthache

Reply to
clevermonkey

Wish I could've gotten a photo of the raccoon that was in our garage this morning but I didn't even think to get the camera. The racoon was emaciated. Both of its eyes were matted shut (it actually looked like it didn't have any eyes). It was drooling something fierce. It couldn't even hear us & did not try to flee, but anything that sick, no way I'm gonna grab at it. We called animal control to have it put out of its misery but by the time they arrived, the raccoon had accidentally found its way out of the garage, fell over a ledge, & staggered away through the alley. Ain't nature charming.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

A raccoon kit took up residence in my yard for about a week. It fed from our garbage can and lived in the tree just outside our front door. We last saw it in the arms of a young boy walking up the street, its forepaws around the boy's neck, pet and provider reunited at last.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins

Jerry Avins paghat wrote: Wish I could've gotten a photo of the raccoon that was in our garage this morning but I didn't even think to get the camera. The racoon was emaciated. Both of its eyes were matted shut (it actually looked like it didn't have any eyes). It was drooling something fierce. It couldn't even hear us & did not try to flee, but anything that sick, no way I'm gonna grab at it. We called animal control to have it put out of its misery but by the time they arrived, the raccoon had accidentally found its way out of the garage, fell over a ledge, & staggered away through the alley. Ain't nature charming.

-paghat the ratgirl

A raccoon kit took up residence in my yard for about a week. It fed from our garbage can and lived in the tree just outside our front door. We last saw it in the arms of a young boy walking up the street, its forepaws around the boy's neck, pet and provider reunited at last.

Jerry

-- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

loved the pic of the racoon sure is cute.

though its a good thing that u didnt go near that racoon paghat because what u mention especially the drooling and the fact that it didnt take off when it saw u as well as the emaciation sounds like the racoon had rabies. they drool, are out during hours that they normally arent, become emaciated on account of the fact that the rabies drives them crazy so they dont eat. was a good thing that u did call animal control. take care, sockiescat.

Reply to
sockiescat